Kansas Employer VIN Inspector in Wichita, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12754487
Help protect consumers and discourage auto theft by inspecting vehicles purchased outside of Kansas and clearing them to receive Kanas title and registration through the county treasurer. This position is an entry-level customer service position that works closely with other employees and the public. Continual on-the-job training will help the employee gain knowledge and experience. Uniforms are provided.
- Conduct investigations, inspections, and other activities related to the MVE program in accordance with the law and Patrol policies. Examine and confirm the identity of vehicles previously titled in a foreign state or country when applicant desires to obtain Kansas title/registration. Inspections are conducted at VIN Inspection stations at various locations. Operation of an agency vehicle is required to fulfill agency needs, including but not limited to, driving to auto dealers and other agency sites.
- Completes MVE-1, MVE-3, correspondence and other related forms/reports in a timely manner. Deposit monies using proper format in a timely manner. Maintains complete and accurate fiscal records and accountability of all transactions, which include but are not limited to deposits, reports, and forms. Checks incoming and out-going reports for accuracy. Checks titles and other VIN related documents for accuracy, authenticity, and evidence of alterations.
- Provides prompt, courteous and efficient service to the public while conducting inspections in such a manner as to discourage entry of stolen vehicles and/or component parts. Identify and restore to lawful owner, those vehicles and/or component parts seized pursuant to laws relating to vehicle identity. Assist the MVE Trooper in pursuing the prosecution of individuals involved in theft of vehicles and concealment and/or component parts. Detects evidence of tampering of vehicle identification numbers and odometer fraud. Detects titling and/or registration law violations and other fraud associated with vehicles. Increases public awareness of titling laws and fraudulent activities and commonly associated with the purchase of vehicles.
- Upon supervisory approval, refers case to an MVE Trooper upon determination that the original public VIN has possibly been removed, defaced, altered, destroyed, or has become illegible or lost/moved. The MVE Trooper is contacted to determine if the vehicle will be seized or allowed to be driven to the MVE Troopers inspection site.
- Examines vehicles and/or verifies VINs as requested by the Kansas Dept. of Revenue and/or other law enforcement departments. In the event a person, vehicle, and/or component part are determined to be wanted or stolen, the communications center shall be notified immediately for a law enforcement officer to be dispatched to the scene. Investigations will be turned over to the law enforcement office in accordance with agency policies.
- Maintains a current inventory of all equipment and keeps it in working order, replacing when necessary. Maintains assigned vehicles, keeping them in proper working order and clean condition. Utilizes comparative price checks when repairs are needed to minimize costs. Maintain work areas in a neat and orderly fashion. Uniforms are worn as prescribed by policy.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Licensing & Certification:
- Valid Drivers License
- Post-Offer, Pre-employment Requirements:
- Must submit to and pass a thorough background check including fingerprints.
- Abi ity to sit, walk, stand, stretch, twist, reach out with body, arms and legs; listen, comprehend, respond, speak clearly and concisely in writing, in person, and on the telephone; repeatedly bend, stoop, lift materials/equipment up to 30 lbs, move in confined areas, and perform repetitive motions with one or more extremity.
- Must have the ability to see details up close and at a distance.