CBRE Sustainability Program Manager- Remote in Wichita, Kansas
Sustainability Program Manager- Remote
Areas of Interest
Building Management, Data & Analytics, Development, Environmental Consultancy, Project Management
Boston - Massachusetts - United States of America, Cambridge - Massachusetts - United States of America, Remote - US - Remote - US - United States of America
*The candidate must be located on the East Coast.
The purpose of this position is to manage and support the implementation of global sustainability initiatives, oversee reporting, and interface with client stakeholders. Provides subject matter expertise on a wide range of environmental sustainability initiatives within the account.
· Ensures that global sustainability standards are applied throughout facilities which are considered in scope.
· Responsible for identifying and implementing cost and carbon saving strategies within an account.
· Develops, updates, communicates and implements energy efficiency standards, water efficiency standards and best in class waste and recycling processes. Manages resource initiatives for all sites/regions/portfolio, as assigned.
· Develops and presents monthly sustainability status and variance reports. Monitors and reports on energy use, water use, waste diversion rates and spending trends as requested.
· Develops and presents ad-hoc reports as needed based on client feedback.
· Engages the account team and the global energy and sustainability platform to identify and develop projects for the client. Responsible for formalizing the scope, obtaining quotes, performing project implementation, analysis and obtaining project approval.
· Collaborates with the global platform on the implementation and management of sustainability projects in a timely and accurate fashion.
· Develops and oversees governance program to ensure compliance with contractual requirements.
· Support activities related to the formal review and unscheduled audit of numerous Strategic Partners, and external outside service providers to ensure conformance with documented CBRE or Customer policy, procedures and guidelines.
· Communicate past, present and future Sustainability plans and performance through formal presentations to account team.
· Be responsible for the execution and delivery of the allocated scope of works which may include:
Environmental legal compliance
Utility data management
· Maintain a register of client sustainability targets and commitments along with compliance standards required by the client, driven by legislative and regulatory bodies.
· Manage weekly and monthly meetings with the stakeholder team on an agreed schedule and structure with a formal agenda and documented actions.
· Oversee and support the preparation of sustainability improvement business cases and proposals to an agreed standard with appropriate sign off providing the client with opportunities to improve the sustainability performance of the operations.
· Providing insight and updates to specific areas of risk and opportunity.
· Manage and maintain relationships with colleagues from CBRE’s matrix of sustainability specialists identifying opportunities to leverage capabilities and increase the value generated for the client.
Experience and competencies required
· A broad understanding of all aspects of sustainability within the Real Estate sector and preferably life sciences industry
· Ability to analyze corporate portfolio performance by benchmarking and derive measurements of performance reflecting all aspects of sustainability
· Subject matter expertise in areas including energy, carbon accounting, water, waste, and biodiversity
· Experience of working with frameworks and certification such as ISO14001, ISO50001, etc.
· Experience of working with GHG disclosure programs such as SECR, CDP, and GRI
· Experience or understanding of Science Based Targets, RE100, EP100, EV100 and similar
· A competent communicator with the ability to engage on often challenging subjects to develop competencies, and generate shared purpose
· Technical competent in understanding complex problems, think strategically and identify sustainable solutions
As required, works with team members to further develop Sustainability competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values. This position may have direct supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year College or university in a subject such environmental science, energy management, climate change, sustainability, economics or equivalent through experience
Minimum of five years of related experience and/or training.
Certificates and/or Licenses
CEM and LEED accreditation preferred. Training and accreditation may be part of development and performance management requirements.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts advanced financial analysis.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
Other Skills & Abilities
Carbon footprint reporting experience or training preferred. Training and accreditation part of development and performance management requirements.
Scope of Responsibility
Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
CBRE is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
NOTE: Some, but not all, of our positions may have an additional requirement to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including COVID-19 vaccination proof and/or rigorous testing. If you have questions about the requirement(s) for this position, please inform your Recruiter.
CBRE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans)