Spirit AeroSystems Supplier Manufacturing 3 in Wichita, Kansas
Spirit AeroSystems designs and builds aerostructures for both commercial and defense customers. With headquarters in Wichita, Kansas, Spirit operates sites in the U.S., U.K., France and Malaysia. The company's core products include fuselages, pylons, nacelles and wing components for the world's premier aircraft. Spirit AeroSystems focuses on affordable, innovative composite and aluminum manufacturing solutions to support customers around the globe.
Monitors supplier performance, compliance and regulatory aspects between company and third party manufacturers including relationship management, delivery issues, product development, technical issues, schedule conflicts, assisting with root cause on quality issues, supplier discovery evaluation and recommendation.
Ability to interpret data from suppliers and verify clerical information.
Provides suppliers with the proper information to ensure that suppliers understand how to do business with company by coordinating the development of documentation for supplier manual and acts as liaison between company and suppliers to ensure communication and that all products are manufactured following good manufacturing practices (GMPs) and products are released and available on-time to meet customer needs.
Identifies potential new suppliers and evaluates, capacity, capability manufacturing processes, financial stability of new suppliers. May respond to internal cost and feasibility requests and obtain vendor quotations.
Creates and implements documents in excel including macros, tables, charts, graphs, and data analytics.
Ability to work in a rapid paced team environment is essential, along with being able to work independently.
Knowledge of OEM engineering drafting/modeling standards, specifications, planning, as well as dimensions and tolerances plus Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) proficiency.
Determine acceptable material substitutions based on review of applicable specifications and engineering.
Ability to interpret and explain model-based definition requirements as well as non-CATIA generated drawings.
It is desirable to have the candidate possess a detailed understanding of aircraft structures including design for fit, form and function; basic load path understanding.
Problem solving and analysis skills required to work with suppliers/partners in quality, details manufacturing, and assemblies operations/manufacturing to determine instances where engineering change is necessary or beneficial to solve producibility problems.
• BA degree with 7-9 years of relevant experience or MA degree with 4-7 years of experience
• Some travel required
• Aerospace manufacturing or aerospace industry knowledge• Supplier or Supply Chain Aerospace experience• Manufacturing & Supply Chain Management preferred
• Proficient in excel and data analytic programs in order to create charts, graphs, formulas, and other data entry methodologies.
• Root Cause and Corrective Action training, methodology understanding, and practical application proficiency
• Enterprise software working proficiency (Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software from SAP Corporation)
• Basic entry level testing will be conducted prior to selection
• Dimensions and tolerancing plus Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) Proficiency
• Process specifications and material specifications comprehension
• Parts measurement and inspection, 2 years experience minimum
• Experience with Boeing and Airbus engineering,
• Self-Managed, Self-Motivated, Self-Reliant
• Minimal oversight required
• High proficiency for problem identification and requirements for resolution
Spirit AeroSystems is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Kansas Tax Credit: Join Spirit AeroSystems’ Kansas team and you may be eligible for a $5,000 state of Kansas Aviation tax credit for up to five years. Click here for more information on the tax credit.
Requisition ID 2022-10615
Posted Date 2 months ago (1/18/2023 10:45 AM)