Spirit AeroSystems Structural Design Engineer 3 in Wichita, Kansas
Spirit AeroSystems designs and builds aerostructures for both commercial and defense customers. With headquarters in Wichita, Kansas, Spirit operates sites in the U.S., U.K., France and Malaysia. The company's core products include fuselages, pylons, nacelles and wing components for the world's premier aircraft. Spirit AeroSystems focuses on affordable, innovative composite and aluminum manufacturing solutions to support customers around the globe.
· Subject Matter Expert (SME) and custodian for Spirit Design Engineering Processes.
· Spirit Process & Tools developmental SME (e.g. Dassault Systemes 3DExperience).
· Boeing DCAC Process Documentation SME.
· Boeing Keep Up To Date (KUTD) SME. Review, summarize relevant changes and notify Spirit stakeholders.
· Boeing point of contact for Boeing related IT issues.
Candidate will provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems by developing solutions that are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives. Candidate may lead root-cause analysis activities, define Spirit engineering processes and provide guidance and technical expertise for special assignments. They may also be a Spirit resource for technical reviews regarding process compliance.
· Apply knowledge of engineering and physical science principles, materials, and tools in a collaborative environment to develop, integrate, document engineering processes and tools to enforce compliance with regulatory, customer and Spirit requirements. Areas of expertise may include primary and secondary structure design, payloads design, weights, and lofting
· Demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a team environment
· Working knowledge of aerospace industry standard and practices
· Advanced thinking and problem-solving ability
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Strong analytical and organizational skills
· Experience with CATIA (version 5 or 6)
· Proficiency in Microsoft 365 (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, etc.)
· Candidate must be a resident of or willing to relocate to the Wichita, KS area
· Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Aerospace Engineering, Civil Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering or other related course of study from an ABET accredited program
· Requires educational credentials meeting the Spirit classification standards for engineers and typically 5 to 9 years' experience in design engineering classification / position
· Aerospace industry knowledge
· Lead engineering experience is preferred
Spirit AeroSystems is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.