Yingling Aviation Inc. Shipping & Receiving Clerk in Wichita, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12532169
Summary of Accountabilities
This position provides efficient shipping and receiving services to assist the customers of the parts department.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a company runner to pick up and deliver supplies.
- Receive products from vendors and prepare for re-packaging.
- Package product according to customer specifications.
- Manage time and efficiently operate under deadlines.
- Perform forklift operations on large shipments.
- Complete required carrier paperwork and as necessary contact carrier or transportation provider for product pick up.
- Generate customer computerized UPS or express tracking labels/invoices.
- Maintain and organize working area and packing supplies.
- Handle other shipping/receiving needs of the other departments within the company.
- Follow safety procedures and maintain cleanliness of work area.
- Restock products and handle warranty paperwork as needed.
- Perform receiving inspection as defined by the Repair Station Quality Assurance Manual.
- Various other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
Education and Experience
- Must possess and maintain a current and valid license
- Meet the requirements of Airport Authority to be receive a badge and have no ramp restrictions
- HS Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Have basic typing and computer skills.
- One to two years of shipping/receiving experience, preferred.
- Aviation parts experience, preferred.
- Forklift operation experience, preferred.
- Able to work required schedule without deviation
- Good grammar and spelling skills.
- Ability to communicate to internal personnel.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis and up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis
- Frequent exposure to general shop conditions, engine noise.
- Occasional exposure to aircraft exhaust, moving mechanical parts, lubricants, metals, and solvents.
- Frequent exposure to seasonal weather.
Additional Requirements or Skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute percentages for pricing/discounting purposes.
*Reasoning Ability:\ *Ability to define problems, collect data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions.
*Computer Skills:\ *Basic computer aptitude required to work on various shipping software.