Kansas Employer Service Attendant - 616 - Fleet Maintenance in Wichita, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12753144
Distinguishing Features of Work:
This is entry level work in the repair and preventive maintenance of cars, trucks, and vehicular equipment. Work is supervised and assisted as needed by a higher level mechanic or a supervisor.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Completes preventive maintenance on vehicles, trailers, or heavy equipment such, as oil changes, tire rotation, replacing filters, servicing transmissions, lubricating chassis and drive lines.
- Inspects, repair and replace tires on light and heavy vehicles
- Perform roadside assistance such as jump starts, tire repairs, and stuck vehicles and equipment.
- Tow vehicles and equipment using a roll back and sling type wrecker.
- Performs minor repairs such as headlight, wiper blades, and battery replacement.
- Performs duties such as stripping vehicles and equipment in preparation of auction.
- Performs duties such as setting up vehicles and equipment for use.
- Remove, replace, and modify as necessary, mufflers, tailpipes, and other exhaust components.
- Inspect adjust and repair as necessary, driveline and suspension systems.
- Performs duties such as housekeeping.
- Assists with the removal, repair, or rebuilding, of diesel and gas engines and automatic and manual transmissions,
- Assists with the repair of hydraulic systems including hydraulic pumps, motors, cylinders, valves, and other components on heavy vehicles and equipment.
- Maintains written record of work performed.
- Completion of work assignments will require the operation of a vehicle.
- These examples are not intended to be all-inclusive. Other related duties may be assigned as needed.
Requirements of Work:
- Thorough knowledge of all tools and equipment used in the trade and the ability to use these tools to perform repair work on vehicles/equipment.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Ability to weld and cut using gas or electrical equipment.
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply information contained in technical repair manuals and electronic diagnostic equipment.
- Ability to climb onto equipment and make repairs as high as 25\' in height.
- Ability to lift, bend, and twist while making repairs to vehicles and heavy equipment.
- Ability to tow downed vehicles and equipment
- Ability to tolerate exposure to fluids and solvents in vehicle repair work.
- Ability to perform continuous manual and physical labor while standing on cement floor.
- Ability to lift and carry bulky objects weighing up to 50 pounds (heavier objects with the assistance of another person) for distances up to 100 feet
- Ability to exert up to 100 pounds of pressure using tools that tighten, loosen, or cut.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with associates and employees of other departments.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively orally or in writing.
- A valid Kansas driver\'s license is required.
- Ability to acquire and maintain a valid Kansas commercial driver\'s license (CDL) is preferred, and may be required based on job assignments. When a CDL is required, the class and endorsements will vary according to the requirements of the specific position.
- Skill set will be the primary factor in determining hire, promotion, and transfer decisions between shops.
- There are five shops that specialize in the maintenance of heavy equipment, light vehicles, fire assets, body shop repairs, and light equipment.
- Staff assigned to the Heavy Equipment shop shall have extensive knowledge of diesel engines, as well as other equipment that is maintained in this shop.
- S aff assigned to the Light Vehicle shop shall have extensive knowledge of passenger vehicles and other assets that are maintained in this shop.
- Staff assigned to the Fire Maintenance shop shall have extensive knowledge of fire apparatus and maintenance practices.
- Staff assigned to the Body Shop shall have extensive knowledge of the repair of vehicles damaged in accidents.
- Staff assigned to the Light Equipment shop shall have extensive knowledge of mowers, park maintenance equipment, and other assets that are maintained in this shop.
- Transfer decisions between these shops will be based on skill set, shop coverage, work flow, and the overall needs of the Division.
- An employee shall not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
Required Experience and Training:
- One year of experience performing a wide range of maintenance and mechanical repair work on vehicular equipment.
- Candidates must be willing to provide their own hand tools for this position.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need of a sponsorship.
Offers of employment are contingent upon passing a pre-employment physical, which