CDM Smith Senior Human Resources Business Partner (Hybrid Remote Options) in Wichita, Kansas
CDM Smith is seeking a Senior level HR Business Partner to join our Technical Services Unit (TSU) Team. In collaboration with the Senior Manager, HR Business Partner, this HR Business Partner provides active leadership within TSU to assist in supporting the group and corporate initiatives to minimize risk and ensure compliance to corporate policies and procedures.
This role must be an advisor to business leaders for matters regarding talent initiatives, employee relations, compensation, training, and other HR programs and policies that impact business unit’s ability to successfully achieve its objectives.
CDM Smith has flexible work schedules available.
The ideal candidate:
• Leads and/or provides enterprise guidance to manager and employees of a region or a division(s) on HR strategies, policies, and programs.
• Administers HR programs, policies and procedures including but not limited to: employment, compensation, benefits, affirmative action, employee relations, engagement, workforce or succession planning, employee development, performance management, organizational development, Human Resource Information System (HRIS), recruitment support and relocation.
• Evaluates and escalates issues and trends that may suggest existing or emerging HR needs. Collaborates with business leaders in support of workforce planning to understand business requirements; leads workforce planning reviews; manages a process to identify high potentials annually; implements and monitors succession planning; evaluates, revises and updates workforce plans to ensure alignment with needs; and provides ongoing workforce planning advice.
• Serves as an advisor to managers and staff on employee relations issues. Investigates, addresses and resolves conflicts and provides feedback on grievances, discipline and discrimination issues. Responds to employees' inquiries and information requests and advises managers on HR policies and procedures. Seeks legal guidance when needed.
• Leads and collaborates with other HR groups in addressing HR issues, recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to achieve continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
• Provides guidance and advisement to managers on providing feedback on employee performance.
• Leads or participates in human resources projects or program development activities.
• Performs other duties as required.
Senior Human Resources Business Partner (Hybrid Remote Options)
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• 5 years of related experience.
Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong organizational skills and ability to successfully manage moderately complex projects to a successful outcome.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills with ability to effectively use intermediate to advanced level Excel features.
• Ability to work with detail, oversee multiple priorities, and work within deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
All bonuses at CDM Smith are discretionary and may or may not apply to this position.
Work Location Options:
Hybrid Work Options may be considered for successful candidate.