INTRUST Bank Senior Developer in Wichita, Kansas
At INTRUST Bank, principles and performance go hand in hand. We hire for character and commitment because we believe a focus on values contributes to a healthy and positive culture where employees are celebrated for their individual potential, unique talents are further developed, and positive relationships are fostered. This philosophy has guided us for more than 140 years, and the tradition continues today.
Job Summary: Code, test and troubleshoot programs utilizing the appropriate hardware, database, and programming technology. Partner with business units, peers, and management to identify requirements, tactical and strategic solutions. Promotes an environment of teamwork within the department and across the bank. Represents INTRUST Bank in all he or she does in the community and is focused on the development of new business relationships. Must maintain strict standards of confidentiality and perform duties in a manner supporting INTRUST’s character qualities.
• Design, develop, test, and maintain INTRUST code for business applications, data management and business workflow. Including APIs, role-based security/navigation, common resource/code libraries.
• Work effectively with technical and non-technical, internal and external business partners translating discussions and requirements into results.
• Learn and teach others within the INTRUST culture and technology landscape.
• Possess an individual drive to understand how a process / solution works and problem-solving initiative to improve it.
• Craft solutions with efficiency in design, leverage reusable coding practices.
• Recognize the value of fresh thinking and evaluating a solution design from all angles. Quality of design over quantity.
• Support the software development lifecycle; identify where a solution is within the cycle and evaluate the cost / risk balance of refactor, replace, or retire.
• Champion Change Management processes; communication and teamwork.
• Analyze solution performance, consult with users and management to mitigate deficiencies.
• Author and maintain process and code documentation.
• Ensure deliverables adhere to standards, specifications, and deadlines.
• Support the goals of the bank and deliver results for the bank.
Education and Experience: College degree in Computer Science / Information Science / MIS or related field and/or 10 years related job experience.
Required Licenses and/or Certifications: None.
Physical Demands: Extended period(s) of time viewing personal computer, sitting, standing, and walking. Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
Working Conditions: Normal office environment.
This job description summary is not intended to be an employment contract, nor is it intended to state or imply these are the only activities to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other duties as assigned or requested by their supervisor.
INTRUST Financial Corporation and its subsidiaries, including INTRUST Bank, are Equal Opportunity Employers whose policy is not to discriminate unlawfully against any qualified employee or applicant for employment on the basis of protected military or veteran status, disability, race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal law; except where an individual’s protected category constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)