HealthCore Clinic SENIOR ACCOUNTANT in Wichita, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12683895
Job*Purpose:* TheSenior Accountant is responsible for bookkeeping including maintaining company financial records and monthly billing. This position is also responsible for accounts receivable and accounts payable, payroll, payroll taxes, quarterly payroll tax reports, invoicing, personnel payroll records and business reports.
Primary role of this position:
- Receives the clinic daily deposits from receptionists and front desk staff and reconciles the funds to the daily deposit reports printed from the EHS software.
- Receives the mail, including all insurance payments, insurance EOBs, patient payments, etc.
- Prepares daily deposit for all checks received in the mail. E-bridges all relevant bank deposits to EHS billing department.
- Reviews the direct deposit, electronic remittances information from the Kansas Medicaid site, Kansas State Vendor Payable Site, EHS receivables/electronic remittance site and posts all direct deposits into the accounting software.
- Computes payroll including time computation and timesheet management.
- Maintains and updates computer payroll files.
- Manages accounts payable recordkeeping, supervision and recording of amounts due, verifies invoices, and calculates discounts.
- Receives and reviews invoices from vendors and inputs into the accounts payable software.
- Processes checks to send to vendors.
- Prepares monthly reoccurring general journal entries.
- Updates the Fixed Asset Software and computes depreciation and all related schedules monthly in preparation for the annual financial audit.
- Manages incoming and outgoing communications with credentialing organizations such as Medicaid and third party insurance companies and ensures the clinic is able to bill for providers services.
- Submits and manages incoming and outgoing quality documentation to external insurance companies or quality management programs.
- Assists with reviewing accounts payable vendors and processing year end 1099s.
- Reviews and assists with quarterly tax reports and matching annual totals for payroll W2s.
- Attends and participates as a team member on at least one HCC quality team initiative team such as quality improvement, safety, and/or employee recognition teams.