INTRUST Bank Security Coordinator in Wichita, Kansas
At INTRUST Bank, relationships are at the core of all we do. Which is why we focus on fostering positive relationships not just with our customers, but also with each other. INTRUST Bank recognizes and celebrates employees for their individual character, value and potential, with a focus on developing the unique talents each team member brings to the table. It’s something we’ve learned firsthand over the decades; focus on people, and the rest will fall into place to create an environment built on respect, understanding and most of all – trust.
Job Summary: Protects bank assets, employees and customers from criminal activity. Reviews and analyzes data and workflows to ensure procedures are being followed and the most efficient process is being exercised. Follows the Security Department standard operating procedures and uniform dress code, projecting a professional appearance. Promotes an environment of teamwork within the department and across the bank. Represents INTRUST Bank in all he or she does in the community, and is focused on the development of new business relationships. Must maintain strict standards of confidentiality, and perform duties in a manner supporting INTRUST’s character qualities.
• Coordinates the daily administrative workflow for the Security Department to ensure that all work is accomplished promptly, efficiently, and accurately.
• Continually analyzes data and workflows across the entire department to ensure procedures are being followed, optimal processes are exercised.
• Conducts patrol and console audits, coordinates key and card access requests and processes change requests as reported for terminations and transfers.
• Serves as an administrative backup for technical systems in all areas of the department.
• Serves as primary communication liaison to build and maintain relationships, improve teamwork, and act as a vessel between the department personnel and all other business units.
• Serves as primary contact for internal and external requests for video, alarm system reports, card access reports, etc. May be expected to testify in court regarding incidents, robberies, etc.
• Drafts and types documents, correspondence, establishes and maintain files and records, develop and prepare reports.
• Must be available and willing to work varied shifts, weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime.
• Share on call status 24 hours a day, 7 days a week including non-business hours for responding to security issues and/or questions.
• Serves as a relief for shift coverage, reasonable notice will be given as possible whenever shift coverage is required.
• Responsible for uniform and uniform equipment inventory, issuance and cleaning.
• May perform other duties to support the department’s mission and INTRUST Bank’s values.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or equivalent required; some college preferred. Administrative skills acquired through 2+ years of relevant experience is preferred. Military, security or law enforcement experience helpful, but not required.
Required Skills and Knowledge: Computer experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Access and internet search engine knowledge required. System software experience also preferred. Excellent written and oral communication skills required. Must have the ability to prioritize and accurately perform multiple and varied tasks within limited time frames. Possess a reasonable skill set for problem solving and apply sound judgement to improving workflows. Demonstrates a strong ability to work with others and holds teamwork to a high level. Must have effective interpersonal and time management skills, ability to work independently, make critical decisions independently, be detail oriented, and possess excellent organizational skills.
Required Licenses and/or Certifications: Must have a current and valid Driver’s License. Must be able to participate, meet requirements and obtain certifications in First Aid, CPR and personal protection (defense tactics, use of force, control holds and escorts, hand cuffing, baton and chemical spray certified). Serves as a first responder for all emergencies (First Aid/CPR certified).
Physical Demands: Long periods of time will be spent viewing personal computer. Must be able to lift, carry, push and pull objects frequently with weight up to 50 pounds. Must be able to conduct routine security functions including, but not limited to, standing stationary post, walking patrols, climbing of stairs, sitting, stooping, crouching, crawling and kneeling.
Working Conditions: Outdoor patrolling of bank premises and working in areas under construction is required. Must be able to tolerate any possible weather conditions (i.e. extreme heat or cold, snow, rain, etc.). Occasional travel with possible overnight stay required.
This job description summary is not intended to be an employment contract, nor is it intended to state or imply these are the only activities to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other duties as assigned or requested by their supervisor.
INTRUST Financial Corporation and its subsidiaries, including INTRUST Bank, are Equal Opportunity Employers whose policy is not to discriminate unlawfully against any qualified employee or applicant for employment on the basis of protected military or veteran status, disability, race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal law; except where an individual’s protected category constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)