HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Respiratory Therapist - $3K bonus for experienced RRT in Wichita, Kansas
Wesley Medical Center - Wichita, Kansas
Respiratory Therapist - $3K bonus for experienced RRT Shift: 7p-7a(rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for caring for others? Do you want to work for a leading healthcare provider?
Wesley Medical Center is one of the most comprehensive and expert medical centers in Kansas!
Wesley is the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. The preference for Wesley extends beyond the high quality medical services that we offer. It also includes our spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at Wesley Medical Center.
Wesley Medical Center has an acute care center licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. Wesley treats more than 24,000 patients annually and delivers more than 6,000 babies - more than any hospital in a 13 state region!
Wesley Healthcare owns and operates Wesley Medical Center, Wesley Woodlawn Hospital & ER, Wesley Children’s Hospital, Wesley West ER, Wesley Derby ER and multiple WesleyCare clinics.
To learn more about the culture of Wesley Medical Center,click here.
Here's what you can expect from being a Registered Respiratory Therapist with us:
- Administers respiratory care in the Intensive Care Units and General Medical/Surgical areas.
- Consults with physicians concerning patient's plan of care.
- Participates in the training and orientation of new employees and instruction of Respiratory Care students.
- Finds opportunities for continuous improvements of processes and services on an ongoing basis.
- Actively participates in extraordinary customer service and accepts responsibility in managing relationships that are equally supportive to all.
- Performs therapeutic and diagnostic interventions per Respiratory Care Policy/Procedure Manual
- Evaluates and assesses patient's respiratory and ventilatory needs, develops an appropriate care plan in accordance with approved protocols or by consulting with and making recommendations to physicians
- Accurately documents therapy and medications administered, including pre and post assessment of therapy, diagnostic testing results, patient interventions and physician communications per Respiratory Care Policy/Procedure manual
- Assures accuracy of patient charges by correct documentation, use of Supply Scan, Pyxis and departmental supplies
- Accurately transcribes physician orders in the patient record
- Assists with training, orientation and instruction of new employees and Respiratory Care students; providing a positive learning environment
- Assists with equipment care and maintenance, cleaning and disinfection/sterilization, reassembly and functional checks
- Demonstrates competence and willingness to accept assignments in all areas of the department as requested
- Performs therapeutic and diagnostic interventions per RC Policy/Procedure Manual
Required Registration, Licensure or Certification
Are you interested? Here are the requirements for the position:
- Current licensure as a Respiratory Therapist by the Kansas State Board of Healing Arts
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) verification course, as specified in policy
- Current registration through the National Board for Respiratory Care within 6 months of hire
- Current certification through the National Board for Respiratory Care within 3 months of hire
Required Education or Experience:
- Graduate from an accredited school of Respiratory Therapy
Preferred Education or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree Our care is patient-centered as well as innovative and life-saving. If this sounds like the opportunity you want to take for your career, please apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Therapy & Rehabilitation
Title: Respiratory Therapist - $3K bonus for experienced RRT
Location: Kansas-Wichita-Wesley Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00323-18546