University of Kansas Medical Center Research Assistant in Wichita, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/ada/r/jobs/11635338
SOM KC Division of Cardiovascular Diseases
Job Family Group:
Job Description Summary:
Research Assistant position available to a highly motivated individual with strong interest in cardiovascular diseases.
This position will assist and support faculty and research associates with tasks within the Cardiovascular and Cardiothoracic Research lab setting.
- Perform immunohistochemical and immunocytochemical staining on tissue sections and cultured cells.
- Acquire images using brightfield, fluorescent, and confocal microscopes.
- Perform various 01morphometric techniques to quantify/calculate data using an image program.
- Cell counting within tissue sections using fluorescent and brightfield microscopy.
- Prepare tissue samples for fixation, embedding and producing slides using microtome.
- Prepare data and presentations from research results for lab meetings on a regular basis.
- Create and maintain inventory log of laboratory supplies and samples.
- Data entry of files for research findings and results.
- Order and restock supplies within labs, centralize and streamline bulk ordering process, assist with supply order receivables, and prepare solutions.
- Transport supplies, documents, samples and animals across campus.
- Other duties as assigned.
** Required Qualifications **
- Bachelor's degree
-Written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
** Preferred Qualifications **
- Background and completed courses in Biology and/or Basic Chemistry and immunostaining preferred.
Pay Rate Type:
rTo learn more and apply online, please visit https://kumc.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/kumc-jobs/job/Kansas-City-Metro-Area/Research-Assistant\_JR002291 (https://apptrkr.com/2477417) or go to https://careers.kumc.edu/ and search for position number JR002291.
rApplications must be submitted directly through the KU Medical Center website to be considered for this position. Any applications submitted via email or this website will NOT be reviewed or considered.
rAbout KU Medical Center:
rThe University of Kansas Medical Centers mission is to educate exceptional health care professionals through a full range of undergraduate, graduate, professional, postdoctoral and continuing education programs in the schools of Medicine, Nursing and Health Professions. KU Medical Center also advances the health sciences through world-class research programs; provides compassionate and state-of-the-art patient care in an academic medical center environment; and works with communities in every Kansas county to improve the health of Kansans. Learn more at www.kumc.edu.
rKU Medical Center proudly offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package through the state of Kansas, with flexible options designed to meet the diverse needs of our faculty and staff. To learn more about our options for medical, vision, dental and other insurances, as wel as our generous time off policies and retirement options, please visit http://www.kumc.edu/human-resources/benefitsrewards.html.
r r r
r Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
rPosted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency (https://www.jobelephant.com/) r