Fiserv REMOTE ROLE - Container Services Engineer in Wichita, Kansas
What does a great Container Services Engineer do for Fiserv?
This is a chance to make a big difference in a short amount of time and gain positive visibility. This job works on Fiserv's infrastructure, and you'll be a part of a collaborative winning team. Positions like this create career path over time, so if you are tired of doing the same thing, would like to be rewarded and eventually move up and progress in your career, please read on.
The Container Services product team architects, builds, and is responsible for the primary services needed to meet the full lifecycle of containers and ease consumption of those services for our community of 20,000+ developers. Working as a member of this small, agile team of highly skilled Architects/Engineers, you will be responsible for assessing, selecting, developing, customizing, and integrating tools and technologies in support of the Product Manager’s roadmap for the service. You will research and experiment with new container-related technologies (after all, the CNCF landscape grows daily) to support identified feature needs, iteratively improve service stability/availability, and improve customer experience.
You will evangelize the container services by developing operations and user best practices, contributing to the technical library, and presenting to the user community to drive adoption.
We are looking for a been there, done that expert to fill this position and bring your expertise to a place that values you.
Principal duties & responsibilities:
• Design, implement and operate automated, container services platform with a focus on application concerns, including migrating workloads to containers, containerizing development workflows, high availability, networking policy, service routing, observability, integrating with shared enterprise services, integrating container platforms with automated continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) pipelines, and platform security
• Design and implement API’s and other tooling as required to enable consumption of containerized computing resources as a secure, reliable, and highly automated service consumable by business focused development resources.
• When necessary, participate in technical troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and remediation efforts.
• Develop methodology and tooling as required in support of observability of applications and the platforms to support efforts such as capacity planning, workload placement and balancing, chargeback, etc.
• Drive initiatives across organization boundaries as required to ensure availability of underlying infrastructure, CI/CD tooling, and cybersecurity services as required in support of container platform service requirements.
Additional responsibilities may include the development of comprehensive training, governance, and enablement programs designed to champion a declarative, ‘infrastructure as code’ and ‘automation first’ mindset.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
Bachelors Degree or high school diploma/GED
• Minimum of two years of experience building and maintaining Kubernetes cluster deployments with a preference for experience with vendor supported variants such as VMware PKS/TKGI and IBM/Redhat OpenShift.
• Hands on experience deploying and supporting Kubernetes on at least one IaaS provider (Azure, Amazon, GCP).
• Minimum of three years of experience building and supporting distributed computing environments.
• Robust proficiency in Linux and/or Windows systems.
• Demonstrated competency in a programming/scripting language, with a strong preference for Go experience.
• Experience designing and implementing infrastructure automation API’s using interface definition tools like Swagger.
• Strong understanding of virtual computing environments and concepts such as hypervisors, virtual switches, vCPU, and load balancing concepts.
• Strong understanding of TCP/IP network concepts including bridging, switching, routing & DNS.
• Experience working with one or more CNI provider implementations.
• Demonstrated understanding, and preferably hands-on experience, with APIM Gateways such as Apigee or Kong.
• Demonstrated understanding of, and preferably hands-on experience, with identity and access management standards such a SAML, OAuth 2.0 and OIDC.
• Strong understanding of continuous integration concepts and tooling, preferably with hands on experience designing or implementing portions of CI/CD pipelines, and integrating such pipelines with source code and container image scans etc.
• Experience designing and implementing containerized infrastructure logging and observability technologies, such as Splunk, Fluentd/Fluentbit, Prometheus, Grafana, Wavefront.
• Demonstrated understanding of Cybersecurity threats and mitigating controls.
• Demonstrated understanding of Public Key Infrastructure. Experience with cert-manager on Kubernetes is a plus.
• Strong understanding of and/or actual hands-on experience deploying and managing a service mesh such as Linkerd or Istio.
• Understanding of the importance of securing the software supply chain, experience implementing automation in this space is a plus.
• Experience with managed Kubernetes services such as AKS, EKS or GKE/Anthos is a plus but not required.
• Experience with .Net core.
• Network Security/Firewalls experience and or experience with Kubernetes Network policies
• Experience with Open Policy Agent or other policy engines.
• Experience implementing or working with GitOps tools such as FluxCD or ArgoCD.
• Passionate about developing high quality technology and process-driven solutions to business challenges.
• Passionate about technology and automation.
• Commitment to continued knowledge acquisition and to seeking out opportunities to transfer knowledge and experience to others throughout the enterprise.
Travel required: Less than 10% in the future in line with Fiserv COVID-19 guidelines to work with internal customers and partners on requirements gathering, solutioning, and/or training.
Learn More About Fiserv:
Learn more about Fiserv: Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are. We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely. We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 50,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought. Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation. Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet. Visit http://www.careers.fiserv.com/eeo for more information.