Bodycote Production Machine Operator in Wichita, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/ada/r/jobs/11473346
Heat Treater C
Hours: 3rd Shift
Our people are the heart of our business. As the world’s largest provider of thermal processing services, Bodycote employs thousands of highly skilled staff around the globe, some of the best engineers, scientists and technicians in the industry. Our staff are encouraged to develop their skills through professional career development and our in-house training resources.
At Bodycote what we do matters and as a member of our team, what you do matters too. Do you like to work with your hands handling components for automotive, aerospace, medical, general industrial or oil & gas manufactures? Come start a career with Bodycote as a furnace operator on our shop floor treating metal components with heat for durability and reliability. This very active position includes loading and unloading incoming components while learning to operate heat treatment furnaces. In addition you will:
· Control and monitor heat treat furnaces while following written procedures on shop orders.
· Prepare work for processing; load and unload furnaces, bins, fixtures, baskets, etc.
· Bring any unusual problem or irregularity to the attention of supervisor.
· Practice and promote safety and good housekeeping.
· This position will allows for cross training and development of additional skills
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
· This position must satisfy ITAR compliance requirements, therefore candidates must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Resident Card Holder.
· Education – High school diploma or equivalent
· Minimum six months experience in heat treating preferred, but not required.
· May be required to work overtime or any shift, including weekends
· May need to obtain and maintain forklift operation certification
· Must demonstrate the ability to read, write and communicate the English language
This position requires the following physical and mental demands consisting of, but not limited to the following:
· Must be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time in an industrial environment.
· Ability to bend, pull, stoop and reach to perform functions
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
· May be exposed to heat, fumes, noise, and humidity, etc.
· Visual acuity to read documents, computer screens, files, etc.
· Ability to hear in person and via phone
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bodycote is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discrimi nate against current and prospective employees based on race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age for individuals over forty years of age, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.