VMware Product Line Manager, VMware Cloud - Site Reliability, Observability, and Monitoring - Opportunity for Working Remotely in Wichita, Kansas
At VMware, we are building the modern, multi-cloud experience for our customers and partners as a SaaS service. Our approach is to create customer-focused partnerships with major cloud providers to deliver jointly engineered service offerings that redefine the IT industry, starting with our flagship public cloud offering, VMware Cloud on AWS. We are looking for exceptional SaaS product managers to join our team and lead this industry transition to the modern hybrid cloud powered by VMware and delivered on public cloud infrastructure from AWS, Google, Azure, Oracle, and others. You will join a fast-paced VMware service platform team focused on delivering VMware Cloud: the integrated, modern service for multi-cloud. We are rapidly building organic, cloud-native services to deliver value to customers through managed services and a subscription model.
The VMware Cloud service platform is expanding to become the company-wide platform for a core set of capabilities, including service hosting, developer enablement, and common services. As a Product Line Manager for the VMware Cloud service platform team, you will be the product lead for Site Reliability, Monitoring & Observability, and Hybrid Operations. Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) owns the reliability, scalability, and performance of production services and partners with customers to achieve specific reliability outcomes for our services in production. SRE also drives cross-org alignment around reliability with customers and establishes and upholds best practices for production services. You will partner with multiple teams, including our SRE and monitoring teams, and focus on a core set of internal services responsible for supporting our customer deployments and our services. Your role is to understand how these systems are used and what customer problems they solve, and then identify opportunities and long-term strategies to improve the reliability of services. Additionally, you will partner with our internal teams to define the roadmap and drive an improved Hybrid Operations experience for our customers.
• Interface with SRE, service engineering, and architects to define the site reliability, monitoring, and hybrid operations roadmaps, and work collaboratively to define execution milestones.
• Define the roadmap and feature set for customer-facing hybrid operations use cases.
• Partner with engineering and SRE to improve our operational support and process for both internal and external customers.
• Prioritize our investments in comprehensive, generalized tooling and automation.
• Assist new internal service teams to get onboard with SRE tooling.
• Work with customers to evaluate and improve service operational maturity.
• Understand customer needs and requirements and represent them in well-written Product Concepts.
• Collaboratively define and prioritize a backlog for your teams that continuously delivers measurable value towards your product vision.
• Launch new products and features that delight customers.
• Lead the product feature planning process and ensure that the product meets your requirements and use-cases.
• Work with various outbound teams including product marketing, technical marketing, applications experts and broader field teams to ensure customer success and broad adoption of VMware Cloud features.
• Act as an evangelist of VMware Cloud features and use-case to customers and outbound teams, and also effectively represent VMware in various related industry conferences.
• Be data-driven in your approach to solving problems.
• Work closely with VMware customers, developers, and key VMware stakeholders including Engineering, Support/Services, Product Management and Sales.
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in Product Management in a technology focused business delivering successful SaaS offerings; background in SRE and DevOps is strongly preferred.
• BA/BS in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, Economics or related degree; MBA strongly preferred.
• Deep familiarity with the technical aspects of public cloud environments including virtualization of compute/networking/storage, cloud-native applications, modern SaaS services, open source, containers, and Kubernetes.
• Strong leadership and communication skills – you need to be an expert presenter and able to clearly articulate your product vision.
• Strong written skills – be prepared to communicate your thoughts in well-written product concepts that stand on their own and clearly articulate your thinking.
• The ability to mentor and teach others.
• A proven history of data-driven approaches to measuring and solving problems.
• The ability to work with and collaborate with others. We're team players. You'll do well if you're one too.
• Comprehensive healthcare plans.
• PTO and family leave.
• Retirement plans.
At VMware, we push the boundaries of what is possible. With VMware solutions, organizations are building unrivaled experiences by mobilizing everything and responding faster to opportunities. Our compute, cloud, mobility, networking, and security offerings provide a dynamic and efficient digital foundation for customers globally.
Category : Marketing
Subcategory: Product Management
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-05-04
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.