PDS Tech Inc Network Engineer in Wichita, Kansas
• The Principal responsibility for this role will be to serve as projects focused resource within the Network Delivery team.
• Working with networking technologies that include some or all of the following: LAN switches, routers, Wireless LAN controllers, Wireless APs, and SDWAN routing and WAN connectivity.
• Project work will range in scope to include greenfield site deployments, technology refreshes, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
• Candidate will be expected to coordinate with customers and peer resources in design and execution of enterprise network project requests throughout the life cycle of the project. This may include coordination with demand management, technical design, coordination of provisioning, configuration and physical implementation of enterprise networking solutions.
• Travel responsibilities may include execution of site surveys (including wireless), documentation and deployment of LAN/WAN, wireless, Voice environments etc.
High School or equivalent work experience.
• Strong knowledge of Cisco/Meraki wireless management and configuration.
• 5+ years networking experience
• Strong experience with enterprise networking solutions including LAN (Local Area Network), Wireless and VPN (Virtual Private network) technologies.
• Experience working with complex enterprise SDWAN (Wide Area Network) environments, including the following protocols/topologies: MPLS, QoS, BGP, DMVPN
• Practical experience with all common transport and routing protocols with a specific emphasis on BGP and OSPF being desirable.
• Strong knowledge of Cisco IOS and familiarity with the Cisco product line.
• Practical knowledge of network monitoring and management protocols (SNMP etc.)
• Customer focus, excellent communication, collaboration, and critical/economic thinking skills
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task
• Experience with Viptela SDWAN technologies.
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to work with minimal direction to achieve stated goals or assigned tasks.
Ability to work in and contribute to a team environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.