HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Transport PRN in Wichita, Kansas
*Wesley Medical Center*
One of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas! Wesley Medical Center is the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Their preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high quality medical services Wesley offers. It also includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at Wesley Medical Center. Wesley Medical Center is an acute care center, level I trauma center and licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. As a leader in overall recommend care, Wesley treats more than 24,000 patients annually and delivers more than 6,000 babies - more than any hospital in a 13 state region! Wesley Healthcare owns and operates Wesley Medical Center, Wesley Woodlawn Hospital & ER, Wesley Children’s Hospital, Wesley West ER, Wesley Derby ER and multiple WesleyCare clinics.
Here is what you can expect when you join our team:
* The Neonatal Midlevel Transport manages a caseload of neonatal patients with consultation, collaboration and medical supervision, utilizing the acquired knowledge of pathophysiology, pharmacology, and physiology.
* Exercises independent judgment in assessment and diagnosis of the infant, and performance of delegated procedures in the clinical and transport settings.
* Participates in the development of guidelines for neonatal care, and serves as a resource for the NSN (Neonatal Special Nurseries) through consultation, education and research at various levels to continuously improve NSN Team processes and services. * Participates in the improvement of operational functions of the Department of Neonatology. * Establishes communication and respectful relationships with all disciplines. * Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
I'm interested, what is required for this position?
- CurrentLicensureintheStateofKansasasanAdvancedRegistered NursePractitioner,NeonatalNursePractitioner(ARNP,NNP)OR CurrentLicensureintheStateofKansasasaPhysicianAssistant
- CurrentBasicLifeSupport(BLS)verificationcourse through American Heart Assoc. or American Red Cross - Healthcare Provider CPR
- NeonatalResuscitationProgram(NRP) within 90 day of hire PreferredRegistration,LicensureorCertification
- PediatricNurse Practitioner
- (S.T.A.B.L.E.) RequiredEducationorExperience
- Master’ degree from an accredited Nursing ProgramOR Master’s degree fromanaccreditedPhysicianAssistantProgram RequiredKnowledgeandSkills · Expertknowledgerelatedtoadvancedneonatalpractice · Expertclinicalskillsandproblemsolvingabilitiesincludingunderstandingandapplyingneonatalcareprinciplesattheadvancedlevel · Abilitytobeanactiveparticipantintheprovisionofadvancedneonatalcareincludingbutnotlimitedtoadministeringtreatmentsandmedications,interpretingdiagnostictests,formulatingaplanofcare,collaboratingwithotherhealthcareprovidersand providingeducationtopatientsand/orsignificantothers · Demonstratedabilitytocommunicateeffectively
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Advanced Practice Providers (AAP)-Hospital Based
Title: Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Transport PRN
Location: Kansas-Wichita-Wesley Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00323-23979