Kansas Employer Maintenance Worker I in Wichita, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12744415
Job Summary: Maintains, cleans, and inspects buildings/facilities and parking area. Performs basic repairs and preventive maintenance and inspects and reports observed major repairs and maintenance. Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform functions of the job; works under immediate supervision. Promotes an environment of teamwork within the department and across the bank. Represents INTRUST Bank in all they do in the community and is focused on the development of new business relationships. Must maintain strict standards of confidentiality and perform duties in a manner supporting INTRUSTs character qualities.
- All expectations described in the job descriptions essential functions are necessary to be successful in this role, performed with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Performs maintenance, preventive maintenance and custodial duties including but not limited to the following in downtown campus buildings and parking garages.
- Light bulb and ballast change out.
- Operates in-house shred machine, removes shred.
- Coordinates shredding by outside vendor.
- Opens, closes and monitors parking garages and garage ticket booths.
- May complete filter and belt change-outs and condenser cleaning on HVAC units.
- May complete minor repairs and maintenance including plumbing, ceiling tile replacement, furniture moving and repairs.
- Completes trash removal.
- Sweeps and cleans sidewalks, parking lots and garages, elevators and stairwells, storage rooms and shop areas, interior vestibules and windows.
- Works with outside vendors and contractors completing work in bank buildings, coordinating security access, parking, work schedules, liability insurance verification, and clean-up.
- Participate with preventive maintenance program and energy management program as part of computerized maintenance management system.
- Completes daily service requests and enter completed requests information into the computer/ Participates with follow up communication and service with customers.
- Completes visual inspections and inspection reports at least weekly, provides information to maintenance manager, and generates service requests for repairs and maintenance.
- Monitor computerized energy management system checking HVAC unit temperatures and operation.
- Assists with tracking of equipment, parts, tools, and supplies inventory system.
- Complete other maintenance tasks as determined by maintenance manager.
- Coordinate and set-up meeting rooms for daily events of the Banks various departments.
- Complete clean up and fueling of company vehicles and take vehicles to mechanic for periodic maintenance checks.
- Complete minor landscaping tasks such as spraying weeds in parking areas.
- Complete snow removal from sidewalks and parking areas.
- Maintain downtown fountain.
- Participate in disaster and emergency drills.
- Other responsibilities as designated by maintenance manager
Education and Experience: High school diploma or equivalent and/or 5 years of experience in related field, required.
Required Skills and Knowledge:Ability to read and follow verbal instructions; use of Microsoft Outlook e-mail, task and meeting scheduling, enter and retrieve information from Excel spreadsheets, energy management system, and computerized maintenance management system.
Required Licenses and/or Certifications:None required.
Physical Demands: Extended period(s) of time may be spent sitting, standing, walking, climbing of stairs and/or ladders, stooping, crouching, crawling, and kneeling. Occasional lifting up to 50 lbs. The physical demands neces ary for this role should be performed with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Working Conditions:Frequent interaction with other personnel, managers, customers, vendors and contractors. Incumbent is on-call occasionally. Operate equipment including department vehicles and sweepers. Average walking, bending, reaching, climbing, and lifting. Work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the outdoor elements.