Kansas Employer Maintenance Specialist (C) - 619 - Buildings in Wichita, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12753107
Distinguishing Features of Work:
This is repair and maintenance work that is specialized and narrow in scope. Work involves maintenance, repair and/or rebuild of a narrow range of similar types of equipment or structure, and will require constant monitoring of building control systems for a number of city-owned buildings. General direction is given for routine tasks. A supervisor is consulted for special instructions when changes are made in established procedures, for emergency situations, and/or for new or unusually difficult situations.
Examples of Work Performed:
- May operate building controls by computer, and document records.
- May perform some routine building and equipment maintenance duties, including rough carpentry and plumbing work, plastering and cement work, painting and minor electrical repair work.
- May perform some routine custodial duties and/or grounds maintenance tasks,
- May perform processes of lighting the Keeper of the Plains fire effects, and service of the misting and water flow features.
- May work outside in weather-related situations, such as snow & ice removal.
- May respond to emergency calls to secure city owned property.
- May perform scheduled test run on generators, fire pumps and emergency P.A. system.
- May operate complex commercial building systems involving Boilers, Chillers, Cooling towers, and associated heavy mechanical equipment.
- These examples are not intended to be all-inclusive. Other related duties may be assigned as needed.
Requirements of Work:
- Knowledge of and ability to operate a computerized building operation system
- Knowledge of all tools and equipment used in the trade and the ability to use these tools to perform repair.
- Considerable knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply information contained in technical manuals and blueprints
- Ability to interpret and work from rough sketches and penciled layouts
- Ability to use hand tools, portable power tools, and equipment needed in commercial building maintenance and repair work
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders; to bend, twist, and reach as necessary to repair equipment
- Ability to lift and carry bulky items, weighing up to 80pounds
- Ability to work outside in inclement weather for extended periods
- Ability to tolerate minor exposure to chemicals used in building maintenance and repair; airborne environmental nuisances associated with machine exhaust and open grounds; and machinery noise (with the use of ear plugs)
- Ability to perform continuous manual and physical labor
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with associates, employees of other Departments
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to acquire and maintain a valid Kansas driver\'s license
- An employee shall not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
Required Experience and Training:
- Two years of experience performing mechanical work related to commercial building maintenance.
- knowledge of and ability to operate a computerized building operation system is preferred.
- Must have a valid Kansas driver\'s license.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need of a sponsorship.
Offers of employment are contingent upon passing a pre-employment physical, which includes drug screening, and upon satisfactory evaluation of the results of a criminal record check. May also be required to pass a KBI background investigation.