PERFEKTA INC.* Machine Maintenance Mechanic in WICHITA, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/ada/r/jobs/11639620 Job Description
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
This is a customer support position, focusing on the needs of the organization. Duties will include but are not limited to the following, routine maintenance and repair of facility and grounds. Repair and preventative maintenance of a variety of machinery, tools, equipment used in the facility. A strong attention to detail and the ability to work autonomously for long periods of time. This position requires a high sense of urgency with a focus on safety.
WORK EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION PRE-REQUISITES
1. Forklift license is required
2. Strong work history
PHYSICAL & VISUAL REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION
1. The employee is required to stand, walk, push, pull, reach, overhead, and bends to the floor; exert 20 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or exert 10 to 75 pounds of force frequently.
2. Near acuity and accommodation are required for reading machine dial gauges, blueprints, and precision measuring instruments, Must possess the ability to differentiate colors
3. The employees is subject to high noise levels from operating machines; physical hazards from moving equipment and machine parts; breathing fumes, dust and mist; skin exposure to oil and cutting fluid
GOALS FOR: POSITION
1. Keep facility in clean, safe and effective operating condition
2. Ensure machine down time has limited impact on the operation of the facility
3. Support all company facility initiatives in an expedient professional manner
4. Maintain fluency on emerging technologies being employed in the facility
5. Ensure work being performed is in compliance with all applicable regulations, procedures and policies
SKILLS, ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE & VALUES
Equipment Maintenance — Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Repairing — Repairing machines or facilities using the needed tools in accordance with the warranty restrictions of any give machine or piece of equipement
Installation — Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
Troubleshooting — Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it. Maintain adequate supply of common materials for the maintenance of facility machinery
Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Operation Monitoring — Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly. Ensuring preventative maintenance needs are identified and performed, create , maintain and audit maintenance logs for each machine
Operation and Control — Controlling operations of equipment or systems. Ensuring that proper electrical loads are maintained and that unsafe or obsolete equipment is removed from service.
Equipment Selection — Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• Repair or replace defective equipment parts using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment or machines
• Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, and the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
• Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, and perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
• Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
• Assemble, install and/or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery, and equipment.
• Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
• Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions.
• Record maintenance and repair work performed and the costs of the work.
• Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
• Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools
• Train and