Meritrust Credit Union Indirect Consumer Loan Underwriter in Wichita, Kansas
The primary function of this position is to deliver high quality service to our internal and external members. Additionally, the position is responsible for analyzing loan applications, reviewing the application and rendering a decision quickly.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned as such.
• Render decisions on all indirect applications within a specific service level agreement (SLA).
• Analyze credit report data along with all applicable ratios and any other metrics deemed important when making a consumer loan decision.
• Determine eligibility of applicant/co-applicants with regard to membership, credit guidelines, product guidelines, etc.
• Possess the ability to identify possible fraudulent applications and work them appropriately.
• Adhere to portfolio management strategies keeping WAR and delinquency within set target goals.
• Clearly and confidently communicate with dealership personnel: underwriting philosophies, lending decisions, approval stipulations, credit reports, and applicable Federal regulations.
• Review and fully understand the ramifications of all applicable supporting documentation such as tax returns, paystubs with tips or shift differential pay, etc.
• Actively participate and commit to personal development and willingly accepts and embraces constructive coaching and feedback.
• Builds rapport with teammates, credit union staff, and dealerships using effective communication.
• Ability to accomplish tasks delegated by the Indirect Consumer Loan Underwriter Lead with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrates strong decision making skills while adhering to all lending compliance guidelines and mitigating risk and willingly take responsibility for the outcome.
• Present a positive, successful image of the credit union through a professional appearance and courteous attitude.
• Maintain confidentiality in all credit union, member and dealer matters.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Indirect Lending Manager or the Indirect Consumer Loan Underwriter Lead.
• Two years lending experience in a financial institution or related entity preferred.
• In-depth knowledge of lending practices including, but not limited to, fundamental state and federal laws governing Consumer Lending.
• Excellent oral/written communications skills.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Ability to operate a computer, perform mathematical calculations related to the finance industry, be open to training for other systems, departments, processes.
• Verifiable experience and knowledge of indirect lending processes and products.
• College degree or specialized subject matter specific training strongly preferred.
of Openings: 1
Hours (i.e. Mon-Fri 9am-6pm & some Sats 9am-12noon): Mon-Fri 9am-6pm & some Sats 9am-12noon
Street: 151 N Main
External Company Name: Meritrust Credit Union
External Company URL: www.meritrustcu.org