HCA, Hospital Corporation of America HIM Specialist in Wichita, Kansas
Medical Records/HIM Specialist
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with HCA Healthcare today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We are committed to providing our colleagues with the support they need. We offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service_
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Health, Dental, Auto, Home, Life and Pet Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. Come be a part of the change!
As aHIM Specialist, you would be responsible for assisting the HIM Director by routinely performing duties in support of the management of the Horizon Patient Folder (HPF)/McKesson Patient Folder (MPF) workflow queues, working applicable worklists within 3M 360 Encompass, the resolution of unbilled accounts, and the processing of physician suspensions. In addition, the HIM Specialist serves as the primary point of contact when the HIM Director and/or HIM Coordinator is unavailable. Primary duties noted below should encompass more than 50% of the workday for this position title to be used.
*In this role you will: *
- Resolves accounts assigned to various HPF/MPF work queues (e.g. Cancelled Accounts, Unknown Documents, Facility HIM, Workflow Trigger and Coding Pend for Queues) and worklists in 3M 360 Encompass, which require research and analysis to determine the appropriate action to be taken.
- Resolves unbilled accounts which is critical to revenue cycle management; may spend significant time researching and analyzing while utilizing MEDITECH, HPF/MPF, and 3M 360 Encompass; determining which issues belong to which department, working with the appropriate department, following up with the department or physician to clear the accounts, and ensuring the accounts move through the system.
- May coordinate or be instrumental in the physician suspension process, evaluating if documentation or circumstances warrant a physician be put on suspension and creating the list of recommended suspensions for approval. This requires understanding the facility’s guidelines and requirements necessary to trigger suspension. May oversee other clerks in completing more routine duties related to printing and stuffing incomplete record status and suspension letters and in making physician calls.
Provides support to the birth certificate process, if L&D services are available, which requires interacting with parents, using diplomacy and sensitivity, to obtain accurate information required by the state for birth certificates and acknowledgment of paternity (AOP) forms. Some states require certification to perform the duties of a birth certificate clerk.
High school diploma or GED preferred
- 2 years experience in an office or hospital environment preferred. Previous experience in the handling of patient health information and/or medical records is strongly preferred
Parallon is an industry leader in revenue cycle services. We partner with over 650 hospitals and 2,400 physician practices nation-wide. Our parent company, HCA Healthcare has been consistently named a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere and is ranked in the Fortune 100. We are dedicated to ensuring our patients have the best experience even after they leave our facilities.
HCA Healthcare is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *HIMS & Health Informatics
Title: HIM Specialist
Location: Kansas-Wichita-Wesley Medical Center
Requisition ID: 27081-208947