SSSUSA Field Supervisor - 58197 in Wichita, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/ada/r/jobs/11479828 JOB SUMMARY:
Supervises guarding operations at multiple sites. Performs inspections and ensures that post orders are being followed. Coaches and trains personnel. Carries out administrative procedures as required by Branch. Responds to incidents and may provide service coverage as needed.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Primary job function is supervision of Security Officers.
• The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
• All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
• Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
• In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
• All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
1. Supervises Security Officers and/or other personnel, as assigned; ensures that personnel deliver high quality service; evaluates service quality and initiates any necessary corrective action in a timely manner.
2. Meets with Branch management and/or client representatives for status updates and to address any actual or potential problems; provides support during client start-ups; provides input to security planning, assessments and surveys; reviews post orders and communicates requirements and changes to affected personnel.
3. Participates in and coordinates with Branch management the orientation, training, development and retention of high caliber staff; ensures that each staff member is treated with dignity and respect.
4. Assigns and directs work; coaches employees and carries out disciplinary actions, as necessary; supports staff as appropriate in carrying out their respective responsibilities; refers problematic issues to Branch management.
5. Maintains a positive, professional environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures; acts to ensure that staff members understand and comply with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
6. Communicates and coordinates with Branch management regarding scheduling, staffing, equipment, record keeping, and related matters, to ensure smooth delivery of services; meets with Branch management and other Field Supervisors to discuss customer service, initiatives, personnel matters, and related issues.
7. Inspects client sites as assigned to ensure adequate coverage and compliance with post orders; visits client representatives to ensure they remain satisfied with services provided; covers vacant posts as necessary.
8. Reviews client and company required reports for accuracy and timeliness; assists in preparing and submitting payroll and billing information.
9. Performs tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for assignment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS:
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone).
• Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
• Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
• Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
• Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or G.E.D. and 2 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
• May be required to hold and continue to meet the requirements for any applicable state, county and municipal license for Security Officers.
• Knowledge of security operations and procedures.