Kansas Employer Equipment Operator III (F) - 620 - Water Distribution in Wichita, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12753027
Distinguishing Features of Work:
This is skilled work in the safe and efficient operation of heavy and specialized automotive and mechanical equipment and/or supervision of a crew engaged in maintenance or construction activities which includes minor repair and servicing. Work may involve filling in for a supervisor in his/her absence. Work is performed independently under the general direction of the supervisor.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Operates heavy equipment to perform assigned maintenance and construction tasks.Examples of equipment operated include, but are not limited to:directional boring machines, crane truck, wheel loader, air compressor, tandem tuck, trailer, backhoe, tiger vac and fork lift.
- Specializes in a specific operation and ensures that it is well done, including equipment used in water/sewer line installation and maintenance work.
- Performs mechanical maintenance, equipment and tool inspections, and service work on equipment operated.
- Assists supervisors in various phases of operations, including daily assignment of work tasks and completion of paperwork.
- The examples are not intended to be all-inclusive.Other related duties may be assigned as needed.
Requirements of Work:
- Thorough knowledge of automotive and mechanical equipment operation
- Knowledge of the tools, methods and materials used in construction and maintenance activities, such as those used in operating and maintaining water distribution systems
- Knowledge of confined space entry, and trenching and shoring
- Skill in the care, operations and minor repairsof heavy and specialized equipment
- Skill in the care, operation and minor repair of small equipment, such as 3\" and 6\" pumps, power pumps, power saws, jackhammers, chains saws and generators
- Ability to lead the work of others in maintenance operations
- May require the ability to maneuver self into riding machines with two foot steep first step, and onto frame or fender as required to perform fluid/filter check daily and maintenance every 100 hours or as needed on mowers, plows, and/or backhoes
- Ability to lift and carry up to 90 pounds
- Ability to lift and carry up to 150 pounds with assistance from another person
- Ability to work outdoors when inclement weather conditions exist
- Ability to tolerate exposure to airborne environmental nuisances associated with traffic and machine exhaust, open grounds, and construction
- Ability to tolerate equipment and machinery noise with the use of suitable hearing protection
- Ability to continuously perform tasks that require one to push, pull, climb (ladders and in and out of vehicular equipment), bend, twist, reach, stand, and walk, about (up to half a mile at a time) for most of an eight hour shift
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
- Possession of and ability to maintain a valid Kansas Class A Commercial Driver\'s License (CDL)
- This position will require working outdoors in inclement weather including but not limited to, rain, snow, ice, sleet, heat, and humidity plus snow and ice removal and/or emergency response operations that would include operating equipment and vehicles on overnight shifts, weekends and in low-light and low visibility conditions, or other adverse weather conditions.
- An employee shall not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
Required Experience and Training:
Two and one half years of experience in the operation of heavy or specialized automotive and mechanical equipment used in cons truction or maintenance activities.
Prior experience in water distribution systems is preferred.
Completion of training in confined space entry, and trenching and shoring, preferred.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need of a sponsorship.
Offers of employment are contingent upon passing a pre-employment physical, which includes drug screening, and upon satisfactory evaluation of the results of a criminal record check.