International Rescue Committee Employment Supervisor in Wichita, Kansas
Requisition ID: req20610
Job Title: Employment Supervisor
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Wichita, KS USA
Job Overview:The Employment Supervisor is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the provision of employment services for refugees, asylees, and SIV clients to attain self-sufficiency . The Employment Supervisor ensures program goals are met and manages quality control for both service provision and contractual compliance. The Employment Supervisor supervises a team and reports to the Resettlement Manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Provide leadership, development support and supervision to direct service staff by leading team meetings; providing individual supervision, coaching and goal-setting; managing workload and prioritizing tasks; and helping staff troubleshoot challenges.
· Ensure compliance of self and employment team with all policies, procedures, and protocols of the agency.
· Ensure all programs fulfill funder and agency requirements for documentation, case files, data tracking and other areas of administrative compliance.
· Coordinate quality assurance efforts by conducting periodic case file and electronic data reviews in partnership with the supervisor and employment specialists.
· Monitor progress towards programmatic performance requirements and encourage the employment team towards these goals. This includes program implementation, oversight, monitoring and evaluation for all grants in the portfolio.
· Produce high-quality program reports in a timely manner. This includes completing or overseeing staff completion various reports to IRC headquarters and funders.
· Assist in grant writing activities, as the opportunities arise.
· Actively participate and oversee the implementation and management of the employment programs to ensure all program requirements and IRC standards of care are met.
· Track enrolled clients utilizing the ETO and IRIS systems to ensure all employment services are provided in a timely manner and properly documented.
· Maintain close communication with employment staff regarding challenging cases and carry out timely, professional interventions to ensure appropriate service delivery.
· Identify opportunities to advance gender equality with a focus on increasing employability access for women participants.
· Develop and cultivate long term relationships with area employers in order to identify appropriate employment opportunities for clients.
· Use personal vehicle as a mode of transport for both self and clients to various job responsibilities in and around the service delivery area.
· Participate in all program meetings, staff development activities, and other duties as assigned.
· Work as part of a team to provide comprehensive strength-based services to IRC clients through coordination of cases and effective communication between team members and departments.
· Comply with all policies, procedures and protocols of the agency.
· Undergraduate degree required; preferably in Social Work, Human Services or a related field of study.
· Minimum two to three years of experience securing employment opportunities for clients, either in domestic refugee resettlement, other workforce development fields, or closely related social service delivery.
· Experience supervising, supporting, and training staff strongly preferred
· Experience in a not-for profit or human service agency environment preferred.
· Highly organized self-starter with demonstrated success in managing multiple priorities and delivering quantifiable results under pressure, with tight deadlines, and in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent program and staff management skills: experience developing, leading, implementing and monitoring projects or programs in nonprofit or community-based organizations. Strong ability to coach staff and take initiative.
· Proven negotiation, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills, especially in a multi-cultural environment.
· Must be mission and outcome driven, self-confidence, and commitment to client success.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and strong keyboarding skills. ETO database familiarity strongly preferred.
· Excellent communication skills, with fluency in written and spokenEnglish.
· Valid driver’s license, reliable access to vehicle with current insurance, and the ability to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities,IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.