VMware Director Channel & Commercial Sales Analytics - Opportunity for Working Remotely in Wichita, Kansas
This role is fully remote, and can be done anywhere in the US.
Your next adventure at VMware is only a click away!
At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights. If you see a position that might be right for you, we encourage you to apply and continue to be a part of our EPIC2 community.
This role can be fully remote and can be done anywhere in the US.
The Enterprise Data and Analytics (EDA) Analytics and Insights team empowers VMware’s employees, partners, and customers with the right information at the right time. This team delivers holistic solutions through the creation of analytic products that are aligned to VMware priorities. The focus is on providing business value by enabling stakeholders to effectively engage with data through actionable insights which drive growth, reduces risk, increases operational efficiency, and improves customer experience. As a Director of the Channel Sales Analytics, you will partner with stakeholders to develop high value data & analytics product solutions.
· Lead a global business analytics team supporting our world-class Channel & Commercial Sales organization. Define and develop an analytics strategy that aligns with VMware’s priorities and drives business transformation.
· Solve gnarly business issues, drive real-time decision-making, champion impactful predictive modeling using business expertise, data understanding, and analytic experience.
· Partner closely with Inside Sales, Commercial Sales, and Channel Sales leadership staff to understand their business challenges and develop appropriate analytic products to address them.
· Actively critique and improve our approach to analytics through a robust continuous improvement process focused on evaluating and enhancing the efficacy of existing metrics as well as benchmarking external standards
· Maintain a strong external focus within the data sciences and business intelligence/analytics space to keep current of industry leading practices and advances in the data analytics arena.
· Drive collaboration and knowledge across analytic teams, EDA, and the broader organization.
· 12+ years of progressively responsible experience leading business analytics solutions.
· 7+ years of people management experience. Demonstrated track record of leading and working with cross-functional teams. Ability to get into the details while appropriately setting and communicating broader strategy.
· Deep knowledge of Sales and Channel business processes ideally using Sales Force CRM.
· Experience with diverse analytics methodologies and approaches. Expert ability to connect data/metrics to business metrics/results.
· Data visualization skills using Tableau, or equivalent.
· Experience with large complex database systems and data architecture
· Working experience designing and implementing AI and ML solutions to solve complex business challenges desired
· Ability to build trust, foster collaboration and drive influence with stakeholders of all levels
· Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills, ability to synthesize and convey information in a compelling manner
· Self-starter who enjoys problem-solving, can operate independently and autonomously
Education & Training
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field required. Master’s degree a plus.
“This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.”
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Data Science
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-03-19
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.