Kansas Employer Dental Assistant in Wichita, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12517827
The Dental Assistant for HealthCore Clinic, Inc. (HCC) is responsible for assisting the dentist(s) and dental hygienist(s) in the direct provision of primary care dental services to patients of the center. The Dental Assistant is also responsible for sterilization, preparation and inventory control of dental instruments and supplies.
Starting Pay:\$16.00 / hour
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Completion of accredited course in dental assisting.
- Minimum of (2) years experience preferred
- Demonstrated efficiency in assisting Dentist(s) and Dental hygienist(s) with the care of patients.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse patient population including those made vulnerable by their financial status, personality characteristics, place of residence, health status and/or age.
- Committed to cultivating a culture of advancing diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- Prepares operatory for patient treatment as per Dental Department protocols and the dentists or dental hygienists directions.
- Exposes and develops dental radiographs in accordance with state regulations and law as well as Dental Department directive and protocol.
- Performs independent procedures as delegated and directed by the dentist in accordance with state regulation and law and Dental Department directive and protocol.
- Maintains Dental Department equipment in accordance with manufacturers directions and Dental Department policy and protocol.
- Maintains all Dental Department areas in compliance with Dental Department
- Maintains adequate operatory supplies and compiles a list of individual item shortages for inventory control and ordering purposes.
- Maintains a list of patients, monitors patient flow, assists dentist(s) and dental hygienist(s) in assuring that all patient records and documents are properly and accurately completed and filed in the EMR.
- Able to communicate effectively with all patients either in person or over the phone and displays excellent customer service to all patients, clients and visitors.
- Other duties as assigned.\ \