SMG Concessions Cashier in Wichita, Kansas
INTRUST Bank Arena has an immediate opening for a part-time Concession Cashier.
Position may work within a concession stand or concession portable. Requires flexibility in location, welcoming and positive attitude, ability to service customers with a friendly demeanor, food preparation, assist in preparing location and area for operation, responsible for accurate accounting of transactions; and inventory controls at assigned location.
- Accurate cash handling and counting when completing a sales transaction with or without a cash register.
- Prep for portable or concession stand prior to guest arrival.
- Responsible for ensuring that the concession stands and/or portable equipment is kept in an orderly fashion.
- Maintain safe working conditions and sanitary work area.
- Accuracy with inventory counts in or out of work area and being held accountable.
- Maintain accurate standards regarding cash handling, sanitation, and safety.
- All financial transactions and inventory must balance at end of shift.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Customer service attitude, maintain a positive environment when interacting with both customers and clients.
- Professional behavior in all interactions.
- Request identification for guest purchasing alcohol.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Manager.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Reports to Concession Manager in proper uniform, for assigned location.
- Positive, customer service oriented attitude at all times.
- Strong knowledge of sanitary practices.
- Maintains proper grooming and dress code standards
- Work ethic encourages strong urgency and quality in a team environment.
- Ability to work with other staff members in the facility
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks
- Regular attendance is an essential job function.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast paced environment.
- Organized and demonstrate high standards of cleanliness.
- Know how to operate a cash register.
- Know how to count cash and handle credit transactions.
- Knowledge of food and beverage.
- Basic math ability to accurately count and handle money.
- Able to follow directions and effectively perform the work.
- Positive attitude and neat appearance.
- Must speak and understand English.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills. A good attitude and a smiling face required.
- Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to work with co-workers, volunteers and all levels of staff.
Requires the ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays. May need to work normal business hours.
This position requires stooping and lifting up to 30 lbs, substantial standing and walking, and ability to count and accurately handle cash and credit transactions.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled