SMG Concession Cook in Wichita, Kansas
Deliver and prepare a variety of high quality products that include burgers, chicken tenders, fries, hotdogs and prepared BBQ meats. Requires good customer service skills, positive attitude, knowledge of food service and food preparation.
- Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces and utensils.
- Cook and package batches of food, such as burgers, chicken tenders, fries, hotdogs and prepared BBQ meats.
- Deliver high quality products.
- Keep food spoilage below minimum.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness, each stand must be cleaned after each event.
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as deep-fat fryers.
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
- Follow rules and regulations of SMG Food & Beverage.
- Clean, stock and inventory work station, checking inventory in and out, and being accountable for all inventories.
- Reports to Concessions Manager in appropriate uniform, for assigned location.
- Follows all rules and regulations which apply to SMG Food and Beverage Division.
- Develop constructive working relationships with others.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Manager.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to follow directions and effectively perform the work.
- Positive attitude and neat appearance.
- Must speak and understand English.
- Food Handler's Permit or ability to obtain one upon hire.
- Attend all SMG Alcohol and Policy Training Classes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Food handler certificate required from Health Department.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a good attitude required.
- Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of sanitary practices.
- Maintains proper grooming and dress code standards.
- Work ethic encourages quality in a team environment.
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
- Attention to detail.
Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled