Kansas Employer Children's Clinician - Comcare in Wichita, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12754594
Provide goal-directed, client-centered, medically necessary individual and family therapy to children with Serious Emotional Disturbance and their families in the Family and Children\'s Community Services Clinic in order to improve the quality of life and ability to function more successfully in the community. Computer documentation of all services in a timely manner is required.
Service Provision Therapy and Assessment Services.
- Individual therapy using identified and accepted methods to remediate symptoms of mental illness and/or improve emotional and functional well-being.
- Intake/assessment to include history, presenting problems and diagnoses using DSM-V criteria.
- Conduct risk assessments as needed to address safety of clients.
- Initiates outreach to increase engagement.
- Prepare quality treatment plans in collaboration with client and/or guardian, additional treatment team and community partners.
- Facilitate or collaborate in review, updates and progress on goals with Treatment Plan coordinator or other member of the treatment team.
- Complete progress notes in accordance with COMCARE and CCBHC guidelines which meet requirements for medical necessity, goal-directed therapy and client response to treatment within prescribed timelines.
- Complete Notes for Record, Precautions statements and authorizations for release of records, releases of information, safety documents and other documentation as required and/or recommended.
- Enters no show and cancellations for accuracy and completeness of medical record.
- Enter AIMS data as needed.
- Completes discharge summary when closing to therapy services.
- Completes court reports or treatment summaries within required timelines as set by the entity.
- Masters Degree or higher.
- Must be licensed by the Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board as an LMSW, LMFT, LMLP, LPC, or LP.
- Must have a valid Kansas Drivers license and current proof of automobile insurance.
- Must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle and meet driver qualification standards as set forth in Sedgwick Countys Fleet Vehicle Operation and Usage policy.
- Meet the specifications as outlined in the CMHC/CCBHC licensing standards and pass KBI, DCF child abuse check, adult abuse registry, and motor vehicle screens.
- Must complete orientations provided by Sedgwick County and COMCARE.
- Masters Degree or higher.
- May be clinically licensed by the Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board as an LCP or LCPC, LCMFT, or LSCSW.
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Human Resources by phone at (316) 660-7050, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777).Do not use this phone number foremployment questions. This number is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance.You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.