International Rescue Committee Casework Supervisor in Wichita, Kansas
Requisition ID: req20611
Job Title: Casework Supervisor
Sector: Social Work
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Wichita, KS USA
The Casework Supervisor manages staff providing direct client services within the Reception and Placement (R&P) Program. The Casework Supervisor plans and implements programming, coordinates core service delivery, supervises staff, ensures program goals are met, and satisfies budgetary, compliance and reporting responsibilities for the assigned portfolio.
Core Service Delivery
· Guide the implementation of the R&P program and ensure all core services are completed in a timely manner including the provision of safe, sanitary, and affordable housing for new arrivals.
· Assign cases to caseworkers and ensure timely provision of core services including airport pickups, home visits, school enrollment, domestic health assessments, and access to public benefits.
· Collaborate with other departments to encourage timely internal and external referrals.
· Manage relationships with property owners and managers to expand access to sources of affordable housing.
· Identify and maintain relationships with local government and community-based organizations with the goal of connecting clients with necessary benefits and services.
· Develop and maintain vendor relationships that create budgetary savings and improve efficiency
Documentation, Reporting and Contract Compliance
· Ensure that case file documentation is maintained in compliance with contract requirements.
· Guide the timely implementation of program updates as needed.
· Review R&P period reports.
· Assist with the preparation for all monitoring visits including IRC, state, and federal agencies.
· Monitor program execution to ensure compliance with all funding requirements; communicate program needs to management team.
Staff Supervision and Other Responsibilities
· Cultivate a respectful, supportive, and inclusive environment for team members and clients.
· Recruit, train, and manage team in accordance with IRC’s People Manager Standards.
· Provide daily oversight of active caseload, maintaining close communication with resettlement staff regarding challenging cases.
· Carry out timely, professional interventions to ensure responsive, appropriate, and client-centered service delivery.
· Represent IRC in public, professional, and governmental forums as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
· University degree (B.A.) required, preferably in social work or related field
· Minimum two to three years of experience implementing domestic refugee resettlement or similar programs
· Experience supervising, supporting, and training staff strongly preferred
· Experience in program management and responsibility for budget management preferred
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
· Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member in a multi-cultural environment
· Excellent written and oral communications skills in English; proficiency in a language spoken by client populations a plus
· Valid driver’s license, reliable access to vehicle with current insurance, and the ability to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area
· A combination of standard office environment and ‘field’ time in and around the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
· May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities,IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.