Kansas Employer Case Manager III - CARE Eligibility & Options Specialist - Aging & Disabilities in Wichita, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12754588
This position assists consumers considering long-term care placement by conducting CARE assessments (Client Assessment, Referral and Evaluation). The position will be responsible for conducting in person, federally required assessments using a person centered approach.
Complete assessments for individuals to determine program eligibility.
- Travel daily to consumers in tri-county area (Butler, Harvey and Sedgwick Counties)
- Interview Consumers
- Submit accurate and complete documentation
Provide accurate and unbiased information or referrals as needed including pertinent materials
- Complete assignments and documentation within required deadline.
- Demonstrate strong interviewing skills and knowledge of assessment procedures.
Provide Options Counseling to consumers.
- Identify individual needs
- Effectively and factually communicate and explain to individuals their resource and/or long term care options.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in Social Work, Gerontology, Nursing, Counseling, or a related field.
- One (1) year experience in the field of human services such as: aging, mental health, Physical Disabilities, Brain Injury, or closely related field.
- Per Sedgwick County Policy, this is a driving level position that requires a valid US drivers license without restrictions and current proof of automobile insurance.
- Masters degree from an accredited college or university in Social Work, Gerontology, Nursing, or Counseling.
- Two (2) years experience in the field of aging for an Area Agency on Aging.
- Ideal candidate will have assessment experience with consumers over 60 years, or individuals with a physical disability (PD), brain injury (BI), or mental health diagnosis.
- Licensed Social Worker or Nurse.
- Bilingual in English and a language other than English.
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Human Resources by phone at (316) 660-7050, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777).Do not use this phone number foremployment questions. This number is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance.You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.