Kansas Employer Business Analyst - Health in Wichita, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12754586
The Business Analyst is a grant-funded, temporary position within the Sedgwick County Health Department (SCHD) that prevents disease and promotes wellness in the community by improving the performance and effectiveness of the SCHD. The Business Analyst analyzes and improves SCHD business workflows and processes to enable SCHD to efficiently perform current and future work. The position will work with Information Technology staff when a workflow is IT-adjacent. The employee will provide support during public health emergencies.
Analyze internal SCHD business processes
- Identify and analyze business processes in each SCHD Program
- Document current workflows and processes in writing
- Assess and obtain baseline process data, including number of steps and time studies
- Drive to SCHD locations to identify and improve processes
Plan, implement and document business process improvement
- Write, implement, manage and monitor SCHD Process Improvement Plan
- Research and make recommendations for improvements to current workflows and processes
- With SCHD staff, implement new workflows and processes to improve efficiency
- Using quality improvement principals and tools, document work and outcomes
- Obtain accurate process data, including number of steps and time studies
- Identify and measure outcomes to assess if improvement occurred
- Prepare written progress reports for SCHD leadership
- Review and write process policies and procedures
- Create and communicate written and verbal messages and updates about the process improvement work to SCHD staff and leadership
- Meet with SCHD programs and individual staff to design effective processes
- Work with Information Technology staff to design and implement effective processes with technology
- Assist with creating and analyzing staff surveys and focus groups about the process improvement project
- Maintain and improve competencies necessary to serve as a subject matter expert
- Bachelors degree in public health, data analytics, data science, business, public administration or related field with at least two semesters of data analysis or data management coursework.
- Three years of school or work experience in data analytics, data analysis, data management or business process analysis.
- One year of project management experience.
- Per Sedgwick County policy, this is a driving level position that requires a valid US drivers license without restrictions and current proof of automobile insurance.
- Must complete Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) IS 100 and 700 courses within 30 days of employment.
- Masters degree in public health, data analytics, data science, business, public administration or related field with at least two semesters of data analysis and data management coursework.
- One year of work experience in a public health department or healthcare setting.
- Three years of project management work experience. One year of Quality Improvement work experience.
- Six Sigma Certification
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, pleas notify Human Resources by phone at (316) 660-7050, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777).Do not use this phone number foremployment questions. This number is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance.You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.