Kansas Employer Assistant Director of First-Year Programs in Wichita, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12439325
Position Title Assistant Director of First-Year Programs
Position Number 997527
Position Status Full-Time
Regular Work Hours Monday Friday, 8am to 5pm
Location Wichita, KS - WSU Main Campus
Position Specific Responsibilities: The Office of Student Success has an opening for the Assistant Director of First-Year Programs. This important position will provide strategic leadership and direction over the First-Year Programs functional area including: supervising a Program Coordinator, about 30 student employees, and potentially graduate assistants; develop and maintain all program timelines and budgets; develop Orientation program content and execute programs; interpret data to identify areas of opportunity; and coordinate the recruitment, selection, training and evaluation of Transition Mentors and student interns. The successful candidate will also manage and update all First-Year communication, including web content, office emails and inquiries, publications, etc.; assist with general persistence and completion efforts in Student Success; supervise the planning and execution of Clash of the Colleges, Academic Convocation, theWSUCommon Read program and other collaborative First-Year Program events while maintaining and cultivating professional working relationships across divisions and campus.
Summary of Responsibilities: Manages the daily operations of one (1) or more functional areas of student success to meet business objectives.
- Develops program goals and infrastructure to align with defined business strategy.
- Manages program through creation of program plans, management tools and reporting capabilities. Provides educational outreach, project support and training to clients.
- Leads and trains staff and ensures resources are assigned to meet program goals.
- Recommends program budget and monitors and adjusts plan as resource requirements change.
- Communicates and documents program quality outcomes and progress metrics.
- Addresses and resolves project issues to ensure goals remain on track.
Minimum Education Masters degree in higher education administration, counseling or related field by hire date
Minimum Experience Three (3) years of experience in student support services or related field, with one (1) year of experience in a supervisory role
Preferred Experience Budget experience in a higher education setting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated outstanding customer service skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver professional presentations
- Ability to adapt in a complex, dynamic, ever-changing environment with high expectations
- Familiarity with the needs and culture of first-year college students
Licenses, Certificates and Registrations: None
User Export Compliance No export control requirement.
Department Information -Department 101522-Office for Student Success
Salary InformationPay Information Beginning of range is \$53,000 and is commensurate with experience
Overtime Eligibility No
Eligible for Shift Differential? No
Benefits Eligible? Yes
Posting Date 02/28/2023
Proposed Start Date 03/19/2023