Midwest Health AL - Hospitality Aide in Wichita, Kansas
The health and wellbeing of our staff members and residents is our number one priority. Our community is strictly following the CDC guidelines to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and has restricted community access in accordance with state and local health agency direction. Our infectious disease protocols include but are not limited to:
- Screening staff members at the beginning and part way through each shift.
- All staff members are wearing face masks at all times while inside the community.
- Staff members have access to PPE including gloves, face masks, face shields, and gowns, if ever needed.
- Our community is utilizing telemedicine as much as possible. This ensures our residents are getting the care they need with as little risk of exposure as possible.
- As always, we are committed to transparency and will make all staff, residents, and families aware of any COVID-19 positive cases at our communities.
Key Job Duties and Responsibilities:
A Hospitality Aide provides hospitality services to community residents that do not require direct patient care.
The following is a general list of key job duties and responsibilities in your position. The list is not to be considered inclusive and you will be required to perform other duties/responsibilities as assigned by an authorized supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer call lights promptly and courteously and notify proper personnel of resident needs.
- Pass trays in dining room and to residents confined to their room.
- Pass drinking water and ice.
- Strip bed linen and remake bed and directed.
- Report observations and information regarding residents to supervisor. Record observations, such as nourishment intake at meal
- times, as directed.
- Help orient new residents to facility.
- Straighten rooms, to include proper labeling of personal toiletries as needed.
- Clean equipment, to include but not be limited to bedpans, wheelchairs, IV poles, etc., as directed.
- Monitor personal and staff to state and federal regulations, including but not limited to Blood Borne pathogens, infection control,
- hazardous materials and fire safety.
- Monitor personal and staff compliance to resident rights. The following is a general list of key job/physical requirements for your position. The list is not to be considered inclusive and other job/physical requirements may be necessary as deemed by the Community.
* * The employee may be expected to perform other duties as assigned. Such duties will be within the training and ability of the * employee. The employer reserves the right to modify this job description based upon company needs. * • Employee must demonstrate on an ongoing basis the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with co-workers * and supervisors. * • Must demonstrate on an ongoing basis the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with co-workers and other * departments. * • Must have basic computer skills. * • If required to operate a motor vehicle for business purposes, must successfully complete the requirements contained in * Company’s Motor Vehicles policy. * • Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language. * • Must be able to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary. * • Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations. * • Must be able to perform the essential position functions of the job with, or without reasonable accommodation. * • Employee is required to use a transfer/gait belt or to obtain the assistance of another employee when attempting to assist * residents when lifting or carrying objects in excess of 25 pounds. The employee must be aware that during the normal, routine * performance of the essential functions, some of the following body movements may occur naturally, although they may not be a * requirement of the job.