Textron Aircraft Mechanic Final Assembler - 1st shift in Wichita, Kansas
Aircraft Mechanic Final Assembler - 1st shift
To assemble, install, repair and rework mechanical, electrical, radio(s) structural, power plant and hydraulic components of aircraft.
1. Works in accordance with airplane order, blueprints, engineering specifications, standard procedures, oral and written instructions to perform any combination of the following duties with a minimum amount of supervision.
a. Performs any layout, math computation or planning necessary to assemble and install a variety of major aircraft assemblies, landing gear systems, props and optional equipment installations.
b. Installs and/or reworks a variety of engine accessories such as carburetor, oil and fuel pumps, generator, hydraulic and vacuum pumps.
c. Services, installs and adjusts radio(s), electrical and electronic systems in the final assembly area and requests or recommends installations or other essential changes as required.
2. Uses aircraft mechanic's hand tools such as screwdrivers, torque and impact wrenches, pliers and hammers plus sheet metal tools such as rivet gun, drill motor, portable dimpling equipment, bucking bars, file and some measuring devices such as scale.
3. Requires to repair and rework sheet metal parts and assemblies involving operations such as cutting, filing, drilling, countersinking, fitting, shimming, riveting and bucking.
4. Responsible for guiding and instructing 1 2 lower grade employees.
5. Performs other related duties as required.
High school education or equivalent plus a broad knowledge of aircraft assembly and general accepted aircraft practices. Uses simple arithmetic, blueprints and specifications plus a knowledge of aircraft engine principles.
Over two years up to three years diversified Textron Aviation final assembly, sheet metal assembly, radio repair, electrical, engine accessory or directly related experience.
Somewhat disagreeable working conditions due to exposure to noise in surrounding work area
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Primary Location US-Kansas-Wichita
Recruiting Company Textron Aviation
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Req ID: 264843