HealthCore Clinic Advanced Nurse Practitioner in Wichita, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12683867
Providers treat injuries and medical illnesses that occur in everyday living. Broken bones, sinus infections, colds, and other common viruses are examples of ailments that are treated by a family practice provider. When patients have more serious conditions, they are typically referred to a specialist. The Provider interviews the patient and diagnoses the patient by determining the problem. Multiple tests, such as examining eyes, ears, or throat, can be done easily to narrow down the patients concerns. Other tests can be performed as needed. Communication with patients care team and documentation within the electronic medical records system are essential to job duties.
Patient-Centered Medical Home Essential Functions:
Patient Population Management:
- Use electronic medical records and registry to proactively manage care for all patients, but especially patients with certain medical conditions (such as diabetes or asthma) or those needing services (such as immunizations or mammograms).
- Make diagnoses and decisions about management and treatment of patient conditions. For example, review on a regular basis long-term cases that require ongoing medical attention.
- Refer patients to and work closely with the Kansas Department for Children and Families Program Consultant, located on the HCC premises, who enrolls Kansans in Medicaid, Medicaid CHIP, and Project Access.
- Administer or order diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and lab tests as needed.
- Provide self-management support to patients by providing self-management tools and encouraging patients to self-manage and promote healthy behavior changes. For example, educate patients on wellness, prevention, and early detection by providing materials and resources to the patients and families.
- Educate client on his or her specific condition to raise awareness about expectations, medication instructions, possible side effects, daily living, and proper health maintenance.This position requires attendance at Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) meetings.
- Instruct and counsel patient about prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal growth and development, family planning, emotional problems of daily living and health maintenance.
- Display the ability to communicate effectively with vulnerable populations, including those made vulnerable by their financial status, personality characteristics, place of residence, health status, and/or age. Understand health literacy levels or other approaches to addressing communication needs.
- Work closely with Medical Director and team members to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, bylaws, regulatory requirements, and best practice guidelines.
- Identify the need for staff development and make recommendations.
- Participate in quality improvement, management, continuing education, and other patient care programs established by HCC guidelines.