WSU Tech Adjunct Faculty (Part time) Manufacturing, Welding in Wichita, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/11643376 Adjunct Faculty (Part time) Manufacturing, Welding
Location: City Center Department: Academic Services
The Adjunct Faculty Instructor provides subject matter expertise. Responsibilities include teaching courses, adhering to lesson plans, meeting course objectives, beginning and ending courses on time as scheduled and adhering to academic faculty ethical and professional behaviors.
Quick Glance of Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manages and supervises students in all assigned classroom and laboratory activities to ensure a safe and effective learning environment.
2. Keeps students informed and updated concerning course content, requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements.
3. Evaluates students to measure their progress toward the achievement of course outcomes/competencies.
Teaching and Instruction
1. Develops, revises, and/or recommends curriculum changes which meet the objectives of the course/program and improve student learning.
2. Ensures that each program/class meets the WSUTech Course Standard, includes all appropriate curricular components, utilizes effective teaching methods/practices (pedagogy) and reflects current field practices.
3. Plans each unit or lesson, both as to content and method. Provides lesson plans to the appropriate dean or designee. Publishes lesson plans on course syllabus.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
+ Associates Degree from a nationally or regionally accredited college, preferred
+ 4,000 full time industry experience in the career/technical field; four years or the equivalent of four years full-time work experience in the industry.
+ NC 3 Lincoln Electric Four Process Welding, Train the Trainer Certification, preferred. Required to attain within 12 months of hire.
+ Qualifications required for mandatory program accreditation.
+ American Welding Society (AWS) certification
+ Extensive experience with following preferred:
+ Oxygen Acetylene Welding & Cutting
+ FluxCore Arc Welding
+ Shielded Metal Arc Welding
+ Gas Metal Arc Welding
+ Gas Tungsten Arc Welding
+ Fabrication & Design
+ Materials & Testing
+ Print Reading
+ Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) through AWS, preferred.
+ Previous teaching or training experience in adult education preferred, with pre-planning course work.
+ Excellent verbal & written communication and interpersonal skills – must be able to work with students, technical and administrative personnel in a pleasant, professional, and efficient manner.
+ Detail oriented with strong organizational skills where you can work under pressure to meet deadlines.
+ Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
+ Ability to quickly learn & use personal computer and various software programs utilized daily in a teaching environment, strong Microsoft Office skills.
+ Abili ty to task and direct personnel during crisis or emergency situations.
+ Comfortable with course delivery method being hybrid as needed.
Pay Rate: $32.00/classroom hr
Schedule varies per semester based on course offering needs
WSU Tech is committed to inclusive and equitable practices to create an environment and culture where students and employees thrive. We acknowledge that through valuing diverse identities, experiences, talents and gifts, we excel by fulfilling our mission to create a talent pipeline, establish workforce equity, and improve economic prosperity for our community.