Coffey Health System Paramedic in Waverly, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/ada/r/jobs/11470229
Summary: Administers life support care to sick and injured persons in pre-hospital setting as authorized and directed by Physician, in accordance with established protocols, by performing the following.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Assesses nature and extent of illness or injury to establish and prioritize medical procedures to be followed, or need for additional assistance.
· Restores and stabilizes heart rhythm on pulse-less, non-breathing patient.
· Monitors cardiac patient.
· Initiates intravenous fluids to administer medication or drugs, or to replace fluids lacking in body.
· Perform endotracheal tube intubations to open airways and ventilate patient.
· Administers injections of medications and drugs.
· Inflates pneumatic anti-shock garment on patient to improve blood circulation.
· Administers initial treatment at emergency scene and takes and records patient's vital signs.
· Assists in extricating trapped victims and transports sick and injured persons to treatment center.
· Observes, records, and reports to Physician patient's condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
· Drives Ambulances to emergency scene.
· Communicates with hospital, physician, and other medical personnel in person and by radio-telephone.
· Show up for work as scheduled
· Must be honest
· Be able to get along with others
Supervisory Responsibilities: May direct 3 to 6 employees. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include training employees; assigning, and directing work; and addressing shift related complaints and making recommendations to EMS Director for resolving problems.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Completion of State of Kansas approved Paramedic course.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from patients, family members, and medical practitioners.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as, proportions, percentages, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Current License as a Kansas Paramedic
Current Kansas Drivers License
Current Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification
Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 100 pounds, frequently lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; risk of electrical shock; explosives and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Employees may be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, and conditions including the Aids and/or He