ProBuild Company LLC / Builders FirstSource Driver - Class A CDL Delivery in Valley Center, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/11814314
Driver-Class A CDL Delivery
Valley Center KS Components - 2601 W 77th Street N (67147), Valley Center, Kansas, United States of America
· Drives company delivery vehicles and/or truck-trailer combination to transport floor and/or roof trusses. Most all loads are dump loads using roller beds.
· Average delivery driver works 45-50 hours, no weekends
· Competitive pay.
· No overnight deliveries, home every evening.
· Verifies order details and maintain log of deliveries, including amounts and/or weights, mileage and locations of deliveries. Check items against invoice to ensure accuracy of order
· Acts as customer service liaison. Handles customer concerns and helps to resolve issues as they arise.
· Required to use a hand-held device, except while driving, to ensure compliance with DVIR and HOS. Maintains service logs and pre/post trip inspection procedures
Requirements: High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED), 21+ years of age, a valid Class A CDL license. A minimum of one (1) year of driving experience. Two (2) years CDL driving experience preferred. Must be able to pass MVR report and obtain a DOT medical card. Forklift certification.
+ Knowledge of safety procedures while performing driving and materials handling tasks
+ Good verbal and written communication skills
+ Ability to read and understand maps, routes, road signs
+ Excellent customer service skills
+ Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out route assignment
+ Knowledge of basic math and measurement skills
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
The work environment and physical activity described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed within a production environment, subject to temperature variations, hazardous chemicals, mechanical parts, increased noise levels and dust.
Some lifting up to 100 lbs.
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, status as a protected veteran or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214) 765-3990 or email: ADA.Accommodation@bldr.com. Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm