JBS USA Supplement Operator in Ulysses, Kansas
Location: GRANT COUNTY FEEDERS, Ulysses, KS
Job Code: 300
of Openings: 1
Job Title: Supplement Plant Operator
Reports To: Feedmill Shift Supervisors
FLSA Status: Hourly, Ag exempt
Function: Produces feed additives/finished feed by operating protein plant. Performs the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Batches various feed rations by operating batching system daily; reports system malfunctions to appropriate supervisor or mill maintenance; maintains daily batching records through data recording, collection and entry.
- Loads specified ration onto feedtrucks; communicates with feedtruck drivers regarding quantity/type of ration needed.
- Monitors available supplies of feed ingredients and mill operational status; records specified mill operations including: start/stop time, bin changes, usage of ingredients, etc…).
- Monitors quality control of finished feed through regular sampling; delivers samples to Grain Receiving for testing.
- Stores received commodities in appropriate bins.
- Maintains orderly work area by disposing of trash, putting away any supplies used, sweeping, etc...
Complies with all applicable safety rules and policies.
Knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and Database software.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers; ability to compute rate, ration, and percent.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Competency:
Expected to coordinate conserve organizational resources, demonstrates knowledge of Company policy, adapt to changes in the work environment, exhibit sound and accurate judgment, observe safety and security procedures, and report potentially unsafe conditions .
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee is required to wear hardhat; eye, ear and respiratory protection daily.
I understand that these are my primary duties and that I may be asked to perform other duties, either in my work area or in other departments, to contribute to the success of JBS Five Rivers.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled