General Electric Technical Sales Specialist - Xcellerex in Topeka, Kansas
Responsible to provide pre- and post-sales support for the Xcellerex product portfolio, product demonstrations, applications support, technical presentations, team selling activities, and customer product training within an assigned region for the ready to process, filtration, and bioreactor products. This is a great opportunity for some one with deep knowledge of upstream bioprocessing to get into the sales support cycle.
• Support Account Managers and RFB Sales Specialists for successful demonstrations, installations of Xcellerex Bioreactors and Mixers and consumables.
• Provide expert technical and product leadership during sales process by demonstrating superior product and application knowledge for Xcellerex bioreactors, mixers and their consumables.
• Support customer projects using Xcellerex products by providing product and applications information, answering inquiries, and giving presentations.
• Develop, coordinate and deliver product training to Customers, Account Managers, and Sales Specialists on Xcellerex products and applications within assigned region.
• Improve customer satisfaction and retention through troubleshooting and continuing education and optimization of customer processes.
• Maintain effective communication with customers and gather information on the customers’ needs and relay that information to the sales force to identify present and future customer needs and to enhance customer relations, where applicable.
• Support trade shows and professional conferences by performing product demonstration and seminars.
• Use market and product knowledge to assist sales teams in developing sales, marketing and customer account sales strategies
• Provide competitive product insight and provide regular feedback on customer satisfaction and needs to internal stakeholders.
• Support Account Managers and RFB Sales Specialists on development and finalization of Xcellerex bids/quotes to meet customer requirements.
• Provide leadership on Xcellerex hardware and consumables sales
This includes knowledge of customers’ plans & needs, GE products, applications, marketing & sales support collateral and competitors’ portfolios.
• Provide coverage for vacant Xcellerex Specialists positions, if needed.
• Act as a mentor to new field team members, providing product, technical and professional guidance as necessary to improve the customer experience·
• Communicate regularly with Modality Manager and Sales Specialist team to ensure coverage of pre- and post-sale customer support and training.
• Produce well-written reports and provide feedback on customer satisfaction and needs.
• Monitor industry trends, competitive actions to provide expertise and advice to drive innovative product development.
• Communicate with Marketing, Sales, R&D, and Application Leaders to align applications activities with sales needs and business objectives.
• Chem Engineering degree preferred or BS in Science (Biochemistry, Chemistry) with extensive experience in upstream bioprocess development, pilot, tech transfer or manufacturing using bioreactors and mixers.
• Strong, working knowledge of Upstream, Perfusion, and Filtration unit operations.
• Proven experience developing, specifying, or supporting manufacturing operations in the pharmaceutical industry or three to five years of bioprocess sales, field applications or technical support of bioprocessing consumables, hardware and software.
• Excellent understanding and knowledge of the BioPharm/Biotech Industry.
• Proficiency in computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite products.
• Willingness to travel within your specified geographic region and globally to participate in trainings, meetings and key projects.
• To the extent you are applying for a position that requires you to operate a GE owned/leased, privately owned/leased or rental vehicle for company business, you must be willing to submit to a check of your driving record.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English.
• Can live anywhere in the Continental US close to a major airport. Candidates living in the Boston, NYC Metro, North Carolina, or San Francisco will be given preference.
• Understanding of cGMP, validation and regulated environments for bioprocessing
• Strong presentation skills (public speaking and lecture experience desired)
• Demonstrated ability to understand and present complex material in understandable terms. Demonstrated communication skills both verbal and written with external customers, global counterparts and team members working in other functions.
• Solid problem-solving skills - Ability to manage and resolve conflict, communicate issues and propose solutions to both internal team members and external customers.
• Proven professional business acumen (experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as a part of a solution-based sales process).
• Self-motivated, willingness to take the initiative to identify opportunities for improvement and take actions to improve
• Team oriented with a customer satisfaction mindset.
• Ability to multi-task effectively and manage multiple priorities at one time.
• Willingness to be flexible/adapt to changing work environments.
Experience with the GE UNICORN, Wonderware, Emerson DeltaV, or other control systems desirable.
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming; Nationwide Near a Major Airport
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.