Sunrun Sr. Safety Manager in Topeka, Kansas
Everything we do at Sunrun is driven by a determination to transform the way we power our lives. We know that starts at the individual employee level. We strive to foster an environment you can thrive in through our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging.
● Responsible for all relevant safety communication to the field regarding best practices, lessons learned, monthly updates to policies, and recent events
● Responsible for creating, updating, coordinating implementation and overseeing all safety procedures
● Manage accident and incident investigations to ensure root cause analysis and corrective actions are identified, tracked and implemented
● Partner with all other safety leaders, operational leaders and support teams to drive focus on safety
● Track, analyze, and share all incident trends and information within your region
● Ensure required training is created, provided, and track progress within your region
● Partner with all safety leaders and team members to set goals and develop strategy to drive a safe working environment
● Proven experience in leading safety programs in construction, field services, and/or electrical industries is required
● Strong knowledge of fall protection systems, electrical systems, OSHA and NFPA requirements
● Proven leadership with a focus on engagement, motivation, credibility and communication to create a safety culture of excellence
- Experience in creating, implementing and updating all safety plans, procedures and policies
● Minimum 10 years of experience to perform role successfully
● Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Construction or other equivalent degree preferred
● Certified Safety Professional (CSP) Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) or other safety certifications preferred
● Ability to work with all levels of employees
● Experience coaching, mentoring and supporting employees to achieve safety goals
30-50% travel required
● Must have a valid drivers license
- Must be capable of spending a full day in a construction site
Lisa Chillura (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to acts, such as The Equal Pay Transparency Act. It assumes that the successful candidate will be located in markets within the United States that warrant the compensation listed. Candidates in locations outside this local area may have a different starting salary range for this opportunity which may be higher or lower. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.
Starting salary/wage for this opportunity:
$110,103.00 to $146,804.00
Other rewards may include annual bonus eligibility, which is based on company and individual performance, short and long term incentives, and program-specific awards. Sunrun provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO). A candidate’s salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
This description sets forth the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as some of the essential functions of this role. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all essential duties and qualifications. If you have a disability or special need that may require reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process or to perform this role if you are offered employment, please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com .
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging (https://careers.sunrun.com/us/en/diversityandinclusion) drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun for everyone. We are committed to equal employment opportunities without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal convictions, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.