Veritas Solutions Marketing Manager in Topeka, Kansas
Veritas solves what no one else can. With an industry-leading product portfolio, we offer proven, modern, and integrated technology that brings together availability , protection , and insights . Our Veritas Enterprise Data Services Platform addresses current and future data issues end-to-end – keeping mission-critical workloads highly available, protecting data everywhere, and providing insights to optimize costs and maintain regulatory readiness.
Veritas supports 500+ data sources, 150+ storage targets, 50+ clouds, and any deployment model imaginable. We serve 99% of the Fortune 100, 90% of the Fortune 500, and are the market leader in Software-defined Storage, Data Protection, and Archiving.
Veritas’ Worldwide Field Operations (WFO) propels company growth by driving all aspects of new business and channel sales and includes global sales operations and global sales enablement for all new business and renewal sales.
Solutions Marketing Manager
Veritas is looking to hire a marketing rock star to join the solutions marketing team. The ideal candidate will be a technology enthusiast with the ability to up-level technical concepts into simple stories that clearly articulate business value for customers. This candidate will be expected to work closely with our product management, alliances, corporate and field teams, as well as technical and product marketing to help define and articulate key solutions messaging.
This role is NOT product specific but an overall solutions role. The Solutions Marketing team is responsible for developing cross-portfolio messaging strategy, informing campaigns, and co-creating go-to-market programs that help drive and achieve Veritas’ short and long-term goals. The output from the team also informs brand strategy and awareness campaigns, demand generation campaigns, and a plethora of other go-to-market activities.A knowledge of technologies that pertain to application/data center availability, data protection, and/or information governance across hybrid/multicloud data centers will be extremely helpful to be successful in this role. General familiarity with how enterprise organizations are using/adopting virtual technologies, virtual platforms, and transforming enterprise IT is a must.
This Ideal Candidate Will Possess The Following Skills
- The ability to create compelling, on-point content with well-crafted and targeted persona driven messaging
- A keen understanding of enterprise IT sales cycles and the ability to build content pertaining to each stage of the customer journey
- A data-driven mindset with a strong research acumen and ability to drive and show results
- Strong written/verbal communications skills
- An interest and presence in professional/IT social platforms
- Basic project management skills with the ability to own/drive projects to close
If you are looking for a big opportunity to join a company with market-leading technology, have a history of bold, disruptive marketing, and otherwise think you have what it takes to be a successful part of our team, we’d like to speak to you.
- Own and drive data management/services solutions messaging strategy
- Own messaging and represent Veritas at key conferences
- Conduct research via customer interviews, surveys, etc. to inform messaging strategy and positioning
- Develop various external-facing content that communicates Veritas’ differentiators leveraging the latest digital/social vehicles
- Partner with Veritas public relations to develop PR plans, press releases, blogs, bylines, and abstracts
- Partner with analyst relations to educate influencers on Veritas’ value proposition and ensure a strong position in key reports
- Partner with sales enablement to educate direct sales and partners on latest messaging and positioning respective to trends, cross-portfolio topics, and verticals where appropriate
- Promote and inform internal stakeholders of related marketing plans and campaign successes and ensure message consistency among corporate spokespeople
- Work closely with alliance partners to define areas of opportunity to help achieve revenue goals
- Proven success in business-to-business product marketing – 8 years or more – ideally in the data center, cloud, containers, or virtualization spaces
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with discipline for setting goals and metrics, driving decisions, and getting closure on recommendations and issues
- Ability to take complex technology and describe its business value through compelling content creation
- A creative, collaborative, and organized approach to identifying opportunities and solving problems
- Successful at managing stakeholders at all levels of an organization (including senior executives), as well as media, partners, customers, and analysts
- The ability to travel periodically to interact with customers and partners, attend events, etc. is required (when/where appropriate and in accordance with company and governmental travel restrictions)
- Bachelors degree in engineering, computer science, marketing or equivalent (MBA highly desired)
- Enterprise B2B sales experience a plus
- Comfort with remote management
At Veritas, we care about the causes close to your heart and enable you to volunteer, donate, and do good. We also value uniqueness and know that a more diverse and inclusive workforce makes a winning team, so come as you are! Interested? Then apply and find out more about #TeamVTAS!
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.