Veritas Software Engineer (REMOTE) in Topeka, Kansas
Veritas solves what no one else can. With an industry-leading product portfolio, we offer proven, modern, and integrated technology that brings together availability , protection , and insights . Our Veritas Enterprise Data Services Platform addresses current and future data issues end-to-end – keeping mission-critical workloads highly available, protecting data everywhere, and providing insights to optimize costs and maintain regulatory readiness.
Veritas supports 500+ data sources, 150+ storage targets, 50+ clouds, and any deployment model imaginable. We serve 99% of the Fortune 100, 90% of the Fortune 500, and are the market leader in Software-defined Storage, Data Protection, and Archiving.
The Data Protection Group drives the product strategy, roadmap, and engineering delivery of the Veritas products, which includes NetBackup, APTARE, Backup Exec, Enterprise Vault (EV), EV.cloud, eDiscovery platform, and Veritas SaaS Backup.
You will be a member of an agile scrum team within the NetBackup engineering organization and will participate in new feature development, test automation, and issue resolution. The position is in a scrum team that is part of a large, global engineering organization responsible for delivering features in an enterprise level software product.
- Be a part of a team responsible for delivering feature content and test automation for product releases
- Develop cross-platform (Unix, Linux, and Windows) software
- Participate in reviews of requirements, design, source code, and supporting documentation
- Troubleshoot and resolve product issues
- Participate in improvement of existing development and testing procedures and processes
We are looking for an energetic and proactive professional to join our team of talented engineers who are passionate about their work.
Minimum Required Skills include:
- MS/BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related field of study with 1+ years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of file systems, storage and cloud technologies, emerging standards and engineering best practices
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Design, develop and maintain high quality code for product components, focusing on implementation
- Solid knowledge of algorithms and design patterns
- Skills in scripting languages such as Perl, Python and other scripting languages
- Working knowledge of API fundamentals and best practices
- Knowledge of databases and SQL
- Knowledge of operating Systems: LINUX/UNIX and Windows
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
Desired skills include:
- Practical experience in developing Client-Server applications running in a cross-platform environment
- Experience with RESTful API development
- Experience in Agile development methodologies
- Working knowledge of delivering into cloud based environments using standard CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Artifactory)
- Knowledge of cloud IaaS/PaaS and Microservices design a plus
- Strong QA test automation knowledge
- Knowledge of enterprise level backup software
At Veritas, we care about the causes close to your heart and enable you to volunteer, donate, and do good. We also value uniqueness and know that a more diverse and inclusive workforce makes a winning team, so come as you are! Interested? Then apply and find out more about #TeamVTAS!
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.