Veritas Senior Software Engineer (REMOTE ELIGIBLE) in Topeka, Kansas
Veritas solves what no one else can. With an industry-leading product portfolio, we offer proven, modern, and integrated technology that brings together availability , protection , and insights . Our Veritas Enterprise Data Services Platform addresses current and future data issues end-to-end – keeping mission-critical workloads highly available, protecting data everywhere, and providing insights to optimize costs and maintain regulatory readiness.
Veritas supports 500+ data sources, 150+ storage targets, 50+ clouds, and any deployment model imaginable. We serve 99% of the Fortune 100, 90% of the Fortune 500, and are the market leader in Software-defined Storage, Data Protection, and Archiving.
The Data Protection Group drives the product strategy, roadmap, and engineering delivery of the Veritas products, which includes NetBackup, APTARE, Backup Exec, Enterprise Vault (EV), EV.cloud, eDiscovery platform, and Veritas SaaS Backup.
We are looking for candidates who have experience with file systems, storage, cloud technology, and familiarity with SaaS solutions. We are looking to build data protection integrations of SaaS offerings like Salesforce.com, G-Suite, etc.
You should also have an eye for great design and a knack for pushing projects from conception to customers. In this role, you will design and develop data protection solutions using the latest technologies. You will own product quality and overall customer experience.
You will also propose technical solutions to product/service problems while refining, designing, and implementing software components in line with technical requirements.
The Senior Software Engineer will work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Will productively work in a highly collaborative agile team, coach junior team members, and actively participate in knowledge sharing while communicating across teams in a multinational environment.
In this role, you will bring concepts to life.
- Understand business requirements and design solutions that will function, scale, and perform
- Develop & implement code in C# with a focus on simplicity, performance, and maintainability.
- Be proficient in SQL and SQL server or Azure SQL
- Understand REST based APIs - both server and client side
- Participate in design discussions, build prototypes and contribute to delivering high-quality products/features
- Be part of an Agile development team using JIRA
- Deliver features over a span of two-week sprints
- Fix bugs, review code, and attend daily scrum calls.
- Develop and maintain automation
- Interact with the QA team.
- Own components that you have built and support/maintain them internally.
- Adapt your code to the standard the team has defined
- Develop in a Microsoft environment (Visual Studio, Windows, etc)
- Work with customer support to resolve customer issues
- Mentor junior members or act as a team lead
- Collaborate across geographies and teams
Minimum Required Skills include:
- MS/BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related field of study with 8+ years of relevant experience
- Full understanding of file systems, storage and cloud technologies, emerging standards, and engineering best practices
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
At Veritas, we care about the causes close to your heart and enable you to volunteer, donate, and do good. We also value uniqueness and know that a more diverse and inclusive workforce makes a winning team, so come as you are! Interested? Then apply and find out more about #TeamVTAS!
Why Join Us? (https://www.veritas.com/company/careers/why-join-us)
Working at Veritas
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR VHelp Portal (https://veritas.service-now.com/hrp) .