Marriott Senior Director, ServiceNow Platform in Topeka, Kansas
Job Number 23073441
Job Category Information Technology
Location Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Located Remotely? Y
Position Type Management
Senior leader responsible for all aspects of strategy and operations for the ServiceNow platform at Marriott International. This leader will partner with various leaders across IT and with key suppliers to establish governance, design and development, and execution practices to enable and continuously improve Marriott’s investment in the ServiceNow platform.
This position will report to the VP, Global Workplace Services and Service Management and will primarily be responsible for managing developers, managers, and process engineers. Additionally, this position will establish and lead steering committees and other governance efforts, maintain solid working relationships with stakeholders, and actively seek to help get the most value from Marriott’s investment in this platform.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone equally skilled in transformation and organizational adoption of ServiceNow as a strategic and operational enabler. In addition to business processes, this role will be tasked with defining, executing, and maturing a comprehensive strategy and associated operational plans for the platform globally.
Education and Experience
• 10+ years of IT service operations experience with a minimum of 3 years as an ServiceNow Platform leader at a Fortune 500 company with significant scale.
• Demonstrated ability in developing and maintaining strategic roadmaps, operational plans, and ability to guide organization toward adoption of new processes and technologies.
• 5+ years’ experience working within the ITIL Frameworks and leading an ITSM tool and/or process team
• 5+ years working with third party service suppliers and ITO organizations – should include financial, SLA, and service definition functions.
• 3+ years:
o Experience designing and leading enterprise software products in ITSM
o Experience working with remote and offshore development and support teams.
o Experience successfully managing large technology teams and desires to coach and mentor
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related field or equivalent experience, education, and certification.
• Demonstrated ability to obtain and integrate voice-of-the-customer feedback.
• Recent experience with private and public cloud concepts
• Demonstrated success leading medium-to-large-scale service management initiatives/transformations.
• Ability to evaluate and communicate operational metrics and issues to leadership.
• Experience in managing SLAs, OLAs, and KPIs via service management tools
• A thorough understanding of the interdependence of systems and their impact to the business.
• Understanding of the quality assurance, risk management, and security considerations and their impact on overall technology environment.
• End to end infrastructure lifecycle experience from “chip to chiller” inclusive of servers, storage, data centers, databases, middleware and web/application environments.
• Strong understanding of the software development life cycle(SDLC).
• Strong process management and problem resolution skills.
• Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Knowledge of business environment, service requirements, and hospitality culture.
• Demonstrated ability to assess customer/client needs, creatively approach solutions, decide and influence appropriate courses of action.
• Ability to understand and communicate the lifecycle of technologies and applications and to translate into business strategies for the client organizations.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical ideas in easy to understand business terms.
• Ability to accomplish results through others, particularly by establishing relationships, effective controls and leading in a managed service environment.
• Demonstrates strong executive presence and strategic thinking skills.
• Demonstrates strong financial acumen – must have previous experience managing operational and capital budgets in excess of $50M.
• PMI certification (PMP or CAPM)
• ITIL Foundations Certification
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Define ITSM strategy around processes and tools and map to business value.
• Builds and maintains a standard set of service integration delivery tools and processes that will provide the right level of governance for all IT teams, and that will contribute to client satisfaction.
• Responsible for the selection, development and evolution of all ITSM platforms and tools.
• Ensures that the organization is driving automation and lean processes into the delivery of services from the ITSM platform.
• Market thought leader in the integration of the ITSM toolset and technology portfolio working across all standardized tools sets to create a common view of the performance of the portfolio.
• Partner with leaders from Service Integration, Tools, Infrastructure Operations and the Marriott Technology Operations Center to understand their process improvement needs & translate them into enterprise efforts
• Engages with cross-functional teams to prioritize and integrate process development and maturation, ensuring that the right talent is engaged and utilized at the appropriate level in order to achieve successful service delivery outcomes.
• Identify areas in Technology where processes can be improved, influence the leadership by defining the benefits and manage the end to end projects through implementation of the ITSM toolset
• Lead the culture of continuous improvement by identifying projects, initiatives & getting the customer or leadership engagement and deliver them
• Producing regular and accurate service management reports and dashboards for IT Delivery leadership team
• Provide oversight on the project management & operations for managing the ITSM Platform
• Lead the relationship with multiple product vendors including ServiceNow and BMC Remedy
• Define the service delivery expectations from professional services vendors & lead the governance around it
• Manage internal customer relationship with leaders across the technology organization
• Manage the Capital & Expense budgets for the ITSM team
• Partner with vendor management teams on vendor selection and ongoing vendor governance
• Coach & mentor team members, identify training needs to help their professional development
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
• Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action.
• Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
• Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
• Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
• Building a Successful Team - Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
• Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
• Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
• Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
• Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
• Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
• Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
• Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?