Veritas Senior Database Developer (REMOTE ELIGIBLE) in Topeka, Kansas
Veritas solves what no one else can. With an industry-leading product portfolio, we offer proven, modern, and integrated technology that brings together availability , protection , and insights . Our Veritas Enterprise Data Services Platform addresses current and future data issues end-to-end – keeping mission-critical workloads highly available, protecting data everywhere, and providing insights to optimize costs and maintain regulatory readiness.
Veritas supports 500+ data sources, 150+ storage targets, 50+ clouds, and any deployment model imaginable. We serve 99% of the Fortune 100, 90% of the Fortune 500, and are the market leader in Software-defined Storage, Data Protection, and Archiving.
The Data Protection Group drives the product strategy, roadmap, and engineering delivery of the Veritas products, which includes NetBackup, APTARE, Backup Exec, Enterprise Vault (EV), EV.cloud, eDiscovery platform, and Veritas SaaS Backup.
Veritas' vision is to enable organizations to thrive in this new world of digital business.
We believe information is everything! Data is an organization's digital currency; a critical business asset that is growing in value. We are the only company that provides a data management platform to address the core challenge of accessing, managing, and analyzing all of their data, no matter where it is, in real time - allowing organizations to truly maximize the value of their data.
Lead the research, design and development of the APTARE IT Analytics database application layer and provide database / data model technical expertise to the entire development team. In this position you will leverage your deep knowledge of Oracle, PL/SQL, Enterprise software development and IT Infrastructure to architect and develop the industry leading IT Analytics solution APTARE IT Analytics.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and implement solutions to complex data modeling, collection and reporting problems
- Work with our product team and customers to turn business requirements into released product functionality using Oracle Stored Procedures written in PL/SQL & SQL
- Ensure optimal database performance including configuration, database tuning, data model, optimizing business logic and queries
- Interact with key customers on critical issues affecting their information infrastructure, solving problems for them and ensuring their success.
- Develop database installation & upgrade processes and support the resolution of database issues on both internal and customer systems
- Research and advise on database technologies / solutions in support of both near and long-term product roadmap
- Document developed solutions and communicate these solutions with the rest of the team
- Understand key business and product objectives and remain current on storage, backup, SAN /Fabric and Virtualization products industry
- Mentor and train other team members
- DBA, Java and J2SE, enterprise software product development desired
- Research and advise on new technologies and approaches
- Lead and manage projects / initiatives when required
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related field
Minimum 4+ years of database development including SQL and PL/SQL (Oracle12c/19c)
Experience should include:
- Extensive experience of Data / object modeling, data normalization, and data analysis
- Experience with very large databases (multi-gigbyte table spaces) high desirable
- Experienc of and adherence to development methodologies, standards and best practices
- Understanding of Oracle database administration
- Ability to work independently, using good judgment and initiative
- Team player committed to the success of the organization with proven track record of working effectively with cross functional teams
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, time management and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and switch tasks frequently throughout the day is a must
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with a wide variety of contacts including employees, customers and vendors while dealing appropriately with sensitive and confidential matters under changing work priorities and critical deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and apply above skills in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience or knowledge of the Agile scrum methodology is desired
At Veritas, we care about the causes close to your heart and enable you to volunteer, donate, and do good. We also value uniqueness and know that a more diverse and inclusive workforce makes a winning team, so come as you are! Interested? Then apply and find out more about #TeamVTAS!
Why Join Us? (https://www.veritas.com/company/careers/why-join-us)
Working at Veritas
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR VHelp Portal (https://veritas.service-now.com/hrp) .