SAIC Senior Cyber Security Engineer - WASA in Topeka, Kansas
SAIC has an opening for a Sr. Cyber Security Engineer (WASA) to join our talented, dynamic team. The key responsibilities for this position include:
The Senior Cyber Security Engineer (WASA) Specialist requires experience in performing web application security assessments and penetration tests using security tools such as nMap, Burpsuite, SQLMap, etc., as well as being knowledgeable in testing methodologies. The candidate much be able to interact with various stakeholders, including Information Security Officers, Project Managers, and developers in order to make recommendations regarding all aspects of security within our organization. The candidate must have experience in utilizing cyber security tools, network topologies, software or other intrusion detection methods, PKI and continued protection and monitoring of secured networks.
· Knowledge of penetration testing tools, such as Burpsuite, nMap, AppScan, etc., and how to properly utilize them.
· Will be required to scan, monitor, and report on system vulnerabilities
· Will work closely with the Information Security Office in securing user, software and network assets for appropriate use and enterprise wide protection
· Knowledge of Penetration/web assessment methodologies, and what tools to use during each phase.
· Must be able to plan, recommend, and deploy security countermeasures
· Able to utilize cyber security industry standard methods in providing recommendations to secure systems
· Knowledge of implementation and security levels and roles necessary for successful application deployment.
· Must Stay abreast of current cybersecurity trends relevant to the client's business and system security
· Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment
· Demonstrate technical capabilities and professional knowledge
· Demonstrate ability to learn new cybersecurity techniques
· Capable to work under pressure, handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Extensive knowledge in applying penetration testing techniques and methods
· Extensive knowledge in intrusion detection and web application penetration testing, as well as reporting
· Excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills are required
· Skills in working with various teams (ISOs, PMs, developers, etc.) to explain findings and make recommendations to remediate findings.
· Knowledgeable in NIST 800-series special publications, such as 800-53 and 800-37
· Knowledge and experience in cybersecurity and penetration testing tools, Network topologies
· Intrusion Detection, PKI, and secured Networks
Required Education and Experience:
Must have a Bachelors and 5+ years of experience
Matsers' degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology or engineering discipline preferred
Must have 5+ years of Cybersecurity experience
10 years of relevant work experience is preferred
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Attention to detail and excellent customer service.
Ability to work well in a team environment.
Capable to work under pressure, handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Industry certifications highly desired, such as OSCP and CISSP
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site. REQNUMBER: 2206906-US-United_States