Fiserv Relationship Manager in Topeka, Kansas
What does a great Relationship Manager do?
The Relationship Manager is the lead relationship person providing strategic and consultative management for a portfolio of existing clients. As the strategic advisor to the client, you will be required to have an in-depth understanding of the clients business, goals, strategies and industry trends and directions. You will help clients grow their business leading large, multi-disciplined project and sales teams, and integrating a broad set of business development initiatives in complex client environments.
As a Relationship Manager, you can look forward to the following responsibilities:
• Generates new demand, revenue, profit margin and retention for Fiserv with assigned mix of current clients.
• Conducts regular cadence of communication with the client at all levels and disciplines by effectively articulating the First Data value propositions.
• Often lead multiple initiatives concurrently, potentially in different distribution models, in a manner that will identify and execute to close new sales opportunities following Fiserv’s sales process methodology.
• Needs to be a great planner – have a plan, work the plan, re-evaluate the plan on an ongoing basis and revise it as necessary. Leads and develops an account strategy using clients growth plans, budget and project timelines.
• Insures proactive accountability to the client leading to enhanced client experience and retention. Be able to elevate and bring to closure client issues quickly and effectively with a sense of urgency.
• Must be able to work in a virtual team setting to coordinate the appropriate resources to meet varying client requirements. This will include product specialists, solution consultants and service sales to generate new business opportunities and greater share of wallet with the client. Collaborates across the organization to ensure client needs are being met.
Basic qualifications for consideration:
• Minimum 3 years of experience in sales and/or relationship management functions with successful demonstrated performance against quota assignments for multiple years
• Fundamental understanding of solution selling. Demonstrated ability to build and sustain relationships at a very senior level with clients gaining trusted advisor status
• Travel required: Minimum of 40%
• High school diploma or equivalent is required
Preferred qualifications for consideration:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Background in a majority of these areas is preferred: banking, card processing, merchant processing, check services, prepaid and alternative payments.
• Prior experience of successfully working in a dynamic, matrix environment
Learn more about us.
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
The Merchant Joint Ventures and Acquirer Processing business brings to bear the transformative combination of Fiserv and First Data to deliver extraordinary value to merchant customers. One of the foundational strengths of our company is the size and scope of our acquiring processing capabilities. These products and services are widely used by many channels that serve merchants -- both directly and indirectly. With the proliferation of payment providers in the marketplace, we are at the forefront of growth and innovation. Fiserv has established our Acquirer Processing Capability (APC) as a product line and business. The focus of the APC will be to analyze all areas of our acquirer processing products and services to clearly define costs, volumes, and trends across our direct merchant acquiring channels, merchant Joint Ventures, and acquiring partners. In establishing this product line, our goal is to define strategies for growth, innovation, cost-effectiveness, and greater profitability.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBT).